Comments Thread For: DAZN To Stream Canelo-Fielding Card, Future Canelo Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ing-determined

De La Hoya was responding to comments made by promoters such as Bob Arum of Top Rank and Matchroom Boxing's Eddie Hearn about their efforts to sign Alvarez to a co-promotional deal with Golden Boy in order to have Alvarez to fight on the platforms they have deals with. Top Rank is tied to ESPN and Matchroom Boxing with sports streaming service DAZN.

"I won't do a deal with Bob Arum or a deal with Eddie Hearn for Canelo," De La Hoya said. "I'm going to go directly to the [platform] and make a deal. I don't need another promoter. We are the promoter of the biggest star on the planet."

You don't hear Hearn's name in any of the reports because he ain't involved. Golden Boy went directly to DAZN and cut a deal with them NOT Hearn.
    On the money!

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
      Eddie Hearn doesn't have anything to do with this deal,only his fangirls believe that nonsense.

When has ANY promoter ever been given say so in whether another promoter can have fights on a network he doesn't own?
      Matchroom's deal with SKY in the UK does exactly that. Klitschko/Fury is one example of a fight which was not promoted by Matchroom but landed on SKY box office. Hearn was involved in the negotiations between SKY and the promoters and took a cut in order to allow them to use the platform.

I don't know the nature of Matchroom's deal with DAZN but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that there is some sort of exclusivity given the amount of money involved. Anyone claiming to know anything definitively is just speculating; I'm sure it will come out in the next few days whether Hearn had any say in making the deal.

Comment

• Dazn has a lot of boxing on, probably going to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I actually see it the other way around. Could be the end of him. I have no idea how much DAZN is going to be paying GBP, but would there really be a need to be paying $200+ million a year to both Matchroom and GBP? You would really only need one. And unless Hearn can get these big names that he is after, he simply won't have the stable to make this feel worthwhile for DAZN. GBP can end up just taking the budget for Matchroom and they probably will have more success getting other big name fighters.
          That won't happen. The deal signed by Matchroom was exclusive with DAZN, they are loyal to each other no matter what.

What this will do is open up doors for people to want to sign with Hearn and be apart of DAZN, it will only help both Hearn and GBP, but mostly Hearn because of what I previously said. Andrade is probably happy, now that fight can be made. It's only good news all around, no bad news for anybody.

Think of it this way, what good was that huge budget for Hearn, if he wasn't able to get his fighters any fights? With GBP on board - it will only make people more willing to sign and fight on DAZN because there are more opportunity.

Plus, the cash cow is now with DAZN. Where-ever the cash cow goes, people will follow. Not only the audience, but also fighters. Fighters from 154-168 will want to cash out with a Canelo fight, meaning Hearn can sign more people to his stable, as well as Golden Boy.

Comment

• Little g will follow, guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              2. DAZN has an EXCLUSIVE contract with Hearn regarding all boxing content. There will be lawsuits if they allow another boxing promoter to broadcast on their platform without his consent and or involvement.
              That is not entirely accurate. It's more like Matchroom Boxing has an exclusive deal with DAZN online sports streaming service. DAZN streams more than just Matchroom Boxing USA bouts; Likewise they stream many other sports as well like; MMA, cricket, soccer, tennis rugby and American football. They just don't exclusively stream only Matchroom boxing cards. It's the other way around. Matchroom Boxing USA cards are exclusively streamed on DAZN.
              Last edited by champion4ever; 10-16-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                Purely anecdotal, but I saw a few DAZN commercials during football on CBS in the week ahead of Joshua/Povetkin. Shows they're willing to try traditional marketing.
                At least they're trying, but to advertise every Canelo or AJ fight like that is gonna cost a lot along with paying those guys large purses, but again we'll see. They will need dumb investments up front for it to work, but the good thing is for them is once they have the subscribers they don't have to advertise to them anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                  Yes, they show cards. As a matter of fact, Kovalev/Alvarez is showing this February...neither fighter is with Top Rank but they need TR consent to do the show since TR has a exclusive boxing contract with TR.

You have no clue what's going on , bruh.
                  No they don't need Arum consent ESPN is a big company with different sports contract why would they tie themselves to consent from Arum?

ESPN gave Arum dates and budget for fights under Top Rank on ESPN banner Top Rank has no say on other ESPN programming , Not sure how things are done in UK but that's a stupid thing for a network to do

Post a link Arum saying ESPN needed his consent

Comment

• Sh.it didn’t see that coming , I thought for sure Canel was going to ESpN . I couldn’t be more wrong

Good score for DAZN /Hearn

I might be eating my words real soon

Comment

• Your gonna have 2 awesome cards in december on dazn for 10 bucks..Canelo/fielding and dec 22 whyte/chisora or ortiz

Comment

Working...
                      X