Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Canelo should be on p4p list in the top 5!

Gave up his advantages in height, reach, size , power, and stamina while being the underdog and on a year layoff against the best in the division and walked him down!

Great fight and looking forward to a trilogy, GGG a sore loser and shouldn’t be too upset!

He lost a close fight against a future Hall of famer, he’s set for life too!
        I agree with you , it was a great victory against Golovkin with everything stacked against him. I'd say way higher then #5 P4P as I'd seen many already had him in the top 5 already. Time to give CANELO his credit bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
          I agree with you , it was a great victory against Golovkin with everything stacked against him. I'd say way higher then #5 P4P as I'd seen many already had him in the top 5 already. Time to give CANELO his credit bro.

not ranking Canelo P4P is ABSURD !!

when The Ring quickly amend their rankings, they will be fixing their fcuk-up

Comment

• like a wise man once said.....

1) the better fighter will make the better adjustments

2) Abel Sanchez is the weak link

3) the fat red kid will lite that boy up like a christmas tree

I don't know how you guys couldn't see it coming

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
              If the judges would have scored another draw, as the boxing scene scorecard suggested, there would have been a riot in that place...
              Here are a bunch of others (the current complete list from the eyeonthering site, ie no picking and choosing for whatever reason).

Barry Jones: 116-112 Golovkin
              Steve Bunce: 114-114
              Richie Woodall: 115-114 Golovkin
              BoxingScene: 114-114
              The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin
              Bad Left Hook: 114-114, 116-112 Golovkin
              CBS Sports: 116-112 Golovkin
              David Haye: 115-113 Alvarez
              The Telegraph: 116-112 Golovkin
              News.AU: 115-113 Golovkin
              BloodyElbow: 115-113 Golovkin
              MMA Fighting: 114-114
              Boxing News: 115-114 Golovkin

That's a trilogy.

Got a controversy rating of 87% on the eyeonthering site. ie 87% of cards had it for Golovkin.
              Last edited by angkag; 09-16-2018, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                In high level fights its the case sometimes that both guys know how to win & know how to limit the other guys actions. That leads to 7-5 type fights that could go either way like it or not.

I've stopped caring about winning or losing so much I gotta say. I try to appreciate the fight for the fight & find the decision the least interesting part of a big fight.

And lotsa respected people said the first fight was a fight where they could see a draw. The Byrd card got everyone all emotional, but ultimately it wasn't unreasonable for someone to score the fight for Canelo...just not 10-2 like that dumb assh#le had it.

And? Generally in all of boxing boxers are the worst at picking the winner & telling fans which outcomes made sense or not. That said I fully understand people saying GGG won the fight, but anyone who's not realizing how the scoring works

I've not seem enough stances on who won, but I'll be looking more in the next day that said I'd still argue there were many close rds & even if I had it 7-5 GGG that puts it well within the realm of either guy winning it. So you can't complain unless you don't understand how boxing scoring works & how fickle it can be with the standard of giving a close rd to a fighter vs making it 10-10.

Yea I did have GGG winning, but it wasn't outside the margin of error with all those early close rds which strongly went Canelo's way on the judges cards.

That's a robbery, in my opinion, so we disagree.

I don't think you can properly find 7 rounds to Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

That's a robbery, in my opinion, so we disagree.

I don't think you can properly find 7 rounds to Canelo.
                  Reasonable summary is that it was a close competitive fight, where once again, the benefit of the doubt in the scoring went to Canelo, which gave him the decision.

Has Canelo ever had a 'bad' scorecard ? Pac had a bunch, Mayweather too (one against Canelo).

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    Reasonable summary is that it was a close competitive fight, where once again, the benefit of the doubt in the scoring went to Canelo, which gave him the decision.

Has Canelo ever had a 'bad' scorecard ? Pac had a bunch, Mayweather too (one against Canelo).
                    Then, once again why 87% of scorecards are in favor of GGG is it's a could have gone either?

Why on mexican TV nobody gave it to Canelo? JMM had a draw, the annoucer too, Faitelson had GGG winning.

It's fight clearly leaning towards GGG...

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X