Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will doing the heavy bag everyday have any benefit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will doing the heavy bag everyday have any benefit?

Is this safe to do everyday? Or every other day. I am currently boxing, and trainer says to do what I want on my own time. However, I don’t want to damage my body long term. I have read that doing the heavy bag everyday causes damage to your body, others say that it’s good. I’m thinking of doing it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while training at my gym on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday which also include the heavy bag. Basically a full boxing routine Monday-Saturday.
    Last edited by Dawn-nightmarex; 05-05-2020, 02:38 PM.

I tried amateur boxing off and on for a few years and the trainer had us hit it every day but made sure we were keeping proper techniques and not hitting it like a drunk sailor.After sparring we would hit it 3 rounds .His thing was to push you when you were dog poop tired and keeping your form when you couldn’t hold your arms up.No sparring then it would be a hard session on the mitts and finish on the bag .It didn’t seem to bother me and what I lacked in skill I sure made it up in stamina.Same with the other guys .

Comment

Seems like everyday would be a good thing, especially if you alternate between sitting down on your punches & throwing mostly power shots one day then speed and footwork the next.

I'm no expert though
      Last edited by 4truth; 05-05-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Make sure your warm and stretched out or it can be hell on the shoulders

Comment

Make sure to wrap your hands well and use bigger gloves to throw bombs at it. Otherwise your hands will take a pounding doing it every day.

Comment

What weight is this heavy bag and how much do you weigh?
            How many sparring rounds are you getting a day? …...Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 05-05-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              What weight is this heavy bag and how much do you weigh?
              How many sparring rounds are you getting a day? …...Rockin'
              The bag is 100 lbs. I walk around at 170-175. And every Tuesday Thursday and Saturday I spar for 3-4 rounds on top of bag work, speed bag, and mitts with the coach with Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday my days off from the boxing gym. Of course not this exact schedule now with covid-19, but still go to his garage where he hosts The fight team practice.
              Last edited by Dawn-nightmarex; 05-05-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn-nightmarex View Post
                The bag is 100 lbs. I walk around at 170-175. And every Tuesday Thursday and Saturday I spar for 3-4 rounds on top of bag work, speed bag, and mitts with the coach with Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday my days off from the boxing gym. Of course not this exact schedule now with covid-19, but still go to his garage where he hosts The fight team practice.
                Are you in Lansing, Michigan? ………...Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  Are you in Lansing, Michigan? ………...Rockin'
                  No, I’m in Tempe, Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn-nightmarex View Post
                    No, I’m in Tempe, Arizona.
                    Are you looking to compete in the ams? ………..Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X