No announcement yet.

Who has beaten the most champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -Any quote by Henry worth repeating.

Hope and pray you and the family get out of this Corona thing where your parts if you're still in Jersey are hotbeds.

Btw, U wuz robbed in da IBHOF voting for 2019!

Comment

Mayweather has the most (22) closely followed by Pacquiao (21). It’s 23 if you count the IBO belt as a world title (Tony Pep) and could easily be 24. Angel Manfredy beat Arturo Gatti when he was the IBF champ but they fought a few lbs heavier than 130.

Comment

I dunno why, but the horizontal paragraph form bugged me.

Comment

All the fighters mentioned are special of course . . .

. . . but I don't see how you can make a comparison when considering how the number of title holders has increased consistently throughout the game's history.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

. . . but I don't see how you can make a comparison when considering how the number of title holders has increased consistently throughout the game's history.
            - -It's only relevant to the modern big "four" title eras, or five if we count the IBO as old or older than the WBO.

When Manny first ascended to the Ring p4p rankings, he beat the highly ranked Barrera who had forsaken his paper titles as I recall without checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

I see your point but I think that’s off-set by the amount of fighters the older legendary fighters had. For instance Sugar Ray Robinson didn’t have as many belts to go for as Floyd, but he fought 149 more times. So when you consider that and consider he beat 15 world champs and Floyd beat 22 that’s still very impressive. Even though Ray might’ve beat 30-40 if he there was as many belts around back then. It’s not the be all and end all for measuring fighters I can agree with that, but it is a good indication of their opponents.

Comment

Working...
              X