No announcement yet.

Official Cobra Kai Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Cobra Kai Discussion Thread

This be the Official Cobra Kai Discussion Thread.

Sorry if someone else already made one but if not lets go!

Put SPOILERS Warnings up top if you gonna post a spoiler or actually maybe finish Season 1 and at least the first few episodes of Season 2 at least before coming in here then.

I didn't even know Season 2 was posted. Based on how it ended, I just hope there's a Season 3 and that the producers get to do a proper series finale because it's a damn good show.

Comment

Is it worth watching overall? If so whats the angle that makes it worth watching...feel free to break spoilers cuz idgaf about that sh^t. If something is good I don't care if I know more than most like to going in.

I tried to vibe with it when it came out & was excited for it upon hearing about it, but lost interest quickly. Don't think I made it to episode 3. Big fan of the original movie & the characters, but just wasn't feeling it.

Comment

I'm going to watch for sure. Jhonny has that killer Cobra Kai instinct, and is always ready to strike first and fast

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I'm going to watch for sure. Jhonny has that killer Cobra Kai instinct, and is always ready to strike first and fast

You look like the type of gentleman that pays good money to get kicked in the genitals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Is it worth watching overall? If so whats the angle that makes it worth watching...feel free to break spoilers cuz idgaf about that sh^t. If something is good I don't care if I know more than most like to going in.

I tried to vibe with it when it came out & was excited for it upon hearing about it, but lost interest quickly. Don't think I made it to episode 3. Big fan of the original movie & the characters, but just wasn't feeling it.
            Yeah it is. If you love 80's movies like I do they bring back a ton of the nostalgia, a ton of the OG cast and its pretty realistic like in terms of how Daniel turn out to be successful because he trained under the more ethical Miyagi and became a champion and then parlayed that into his adult years.

Johnny because he was a bully and studying the corrupt, sketchy bastardization of martial arts from the sketchy unethical sensei ended up a bum as an adult. Its the whole karma or peaking too early in high school reality that a lot go through especially jocks.

The unique thing is the show is called Cobra Kai and its told primarily from Johnny's view and they pretty much flipped the script where you the viewer are now rooting for the now under dog Johnny and his Cobra Kai dojo to succeed.

So yeah if you love the 80's movies, music etc you gonna love this even tho its set in present day in the valley of LA.

Comment

Too funny buddy, I don’t know how you can post a pic of your Sunday school teacher? The guy who made sure not to spare the “rod” on your butt when he corrected your sinful ways.

Now, you’ve got your mega church where you are the mentor who never spares the rod!

Comment

I just watched Season 2. Overall not as solid as the first one but still had good moments. Also some funny ones.

The ending bothered me, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I just watched Season 2. Overall not as solid as the first one but still had good moments. Also some funny ones.

The ending bothered me, though.
                  I actually liked the ending I felt they had to sum it up with serious drama before it got way too cheesy to the point of no return.

But yeah hands down season 1 was the ISH! Season 2 is like a B- in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    I actually liked the ending I felt they had to sum it up with serious drama before it got way too cheesy to the point of no return.

But yeah hands down season 1 was the ISH! Season 2 is like a B- in my book.
                    Contains spoilers.

I liked the ending too.

Showing they will kill off or drastically change a key character leaves the audience in suspense. You dont know what they'll do next. No sacred cows.

I think the writers are top notch.

They actually admit they were huge Karate Kid superfans and this series comes from that.

I wish the Star Wars movies had done something similar.

Cant wait for Season 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X