Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney Still Wants Lomachenko: We Can Get That Fight Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    How can you agree that he doesn't "look ready" for l0m0 when l0m0 is the one ducking Devin?!?!
    I'll clarify ,, I agree with the part about allowing young guys to make the challenge, I don't really view it as "is he ready or not" I just appreciate when you'd guys try to step up, the thing about Haney is that I don't think he sees Lomachenko as a cash grab the way some fighter do when they call out a top guy.
    And to your point, I don't believe Lomachenko is ducking anyone, not sure how you figure that

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Haney did have a challenge on his hand - it was evident in the first minute or two that Santagio had some spark to him...he showed a couple of looks over the fight, even turned southpaw and looked competent. Spoiled his effort with the excessive holding that kinda ruined the fight, Haney cooperated as well needs to work on the inside game.....anyway, I think we'll see Santiago again in another fight making someone look bad.

Haney definitely has to watch where he's punching from against a taller, lankier guy like that...his last two opponents have been getting VERY close to timing him on the button with left hooks. Needs a hand up more often on that side

I'm still excited because Haney seems to want to emulate Loma in a way and get to the tough fights sooner than later. He didn't look great, but those were good rounds for him imo
      That was said a lot in the commentary of the fight & everyone is running with that....it wasn't true. Devin actually showed some grit against a tough dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        Haney and Lopez can tag team and still loose to Loma
        In a race cuz that's what's l0m0 doing, running

Comment

• Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
          To be fair, barros won that title nearly a decade ago and is ancient for a lower weight fighter. Santiago won by wide UD against a past prime former champ though.

Haney looked very poor yesterday but if he wants to get it on with Loma I’m sure he’d (Loma) be open to it after becoming undisputed. Santiago was pretty awkward but Haney never established a rhythm, Santiago didn’t have much to offer so Haney would be lunging in for lead hooks to the body, the uppercut was there but never placed. It would be easy pickings for Loma, and if Haney improves after the fight it would only bolster Loma’s resume.

This franchise belt thing is a mess, it’s a slap in the face to both Loma and Haney.
          There you guys go again. How did he not look good when he won all 12 rounds? Ya'll need to be paying attention to the fights instead of listening to the poor commentating. l0m0 is ducking Devin & I got my money on Devin.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            4 years and 24 fights in the division.

How much longer till he step up.
            Didn't it take like 20 years for l0m0 to step up to the pros?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uglytoobad View Post
              One minute guy, I mean run!😂 dislocated shoulder, my ass! Haney is just Overhyped! Loma will kick his was easily!
              MEANWHILE l0m0 ducking 😂

Comment

• Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll
                He tried to step up against Lomachenko. But they swerved him by asking for the Franchise Champion designation.

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Did he?

He was always lined up against some other fighter.

Have you ever known of a title being taken away so soon after winning it?
                Yes, they stripped Nelo after he just won the ibf from Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Loma has become 3 weight world champ in that time and half the fights. And won 5 world titles.

Haney has won zero.

He has now been gifted a belt, and you are still saying he should not step up?
                  It wasn't gifted, it was surrendered by the previous holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Are people that daft? You have a young kid... your asking him not to win but to make sure he looks superb doing so... And then going on this to gauge whom he should fight.

Every one is different. Some guys like Tommy Morrison, or Nando, were at a perfect age where they were fed a steady diet of guys en route to a nice run...But they were getting a little older, and one could see a logical trajectory for them with their skill sets, etc.

Haney is a kid. He is so young that the best thing to do for him is to let him fight anyone. Let him get that experience against a great fighter, let him lose a fight en route to perfecting his skill sets.

What many are proposing is to aimlessly let this kid kick around...That is stupid and dangerous. and NOBODY can predict this kid's ability yet. You can see that Haney has a strong corner, support from the ground up, a good attitude, and needs to be challenged more than being put under a microscope against fighters he SHOULD look good against.

Why are so many posters so against giving this kid an opportunity against a great fighter? He seems a lot more motivated than Tank. Tank seem more than happy to come along slowly and piss away his younger years.
                    Fear. They don't want l0m0 to lose just like they didn't want golovkin to fight Jermall or Boo Boo, FEAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                      He has a fight lined up for all the belts....well not including Haney's Junior Varsity belt. rofl
                      Cuz he surrendered it to Devin.

Comment

Working...
                      X