No announcement yet.

GGG's next fight? Lol...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    The nail vs Kovalev was a unification fight that neither guy was going to back out of nor be able to back out(you act like espn would let them)
    Money talks. If Canelo wanted that fight badly enough they would have made it happen. For instance DAZN could have agreed to remove Bivol from that meaningless Lenin Castillo fight the week prior and some financial compensation would have probably been enough to get the deal done.

Yes nelo tried buying out dumb yarde because he wasn't worth much with no belt & was just a mandatory whom could step aside. Also Kovalev was the only name lhw champ who would sell & bring dazn subs as well as help nelo win FOTD,duh.
    FOTD bull***** wasn't a real factor so lets not pretend it was. Its just icing on the cake and the cake was the reputation Kovalev built up to and including the Andre Ward fights. It wasn't about getting the best possible light heavyweight champion because Kovalev wasn't that guy.
    If he faced another lhw champ you'd be saying he ducked the other guys,if he picked Beterbieve youd say" it was because he was kd by a bumgvoz youd say hes scared of Beterbieve & vice versa. Youd also say kovs schooling of yarde scared him.
    Some people might go that direction sure. Not me. But take those comments to those people it applies to.
    Therese difference between that & Beterbieve vs gvoz. You are so fvll of crap for acting like Kovalev was a cherrypick for nelo or as if it wasn't him fighting a still top lhw.
    Don't get me wrong. A former 154lb champion stepping up to beat a guy who is at worst the 4th best light heavyweight in the world is still an accomplishment. Its a nice feather in Canelo's cap. But there are a lot of people who are in line to blow that ginger basterd as if he beat the King of the division in his prime and not a guy who lost 3 of his previous 7 fights with two losses by KO.

I would have much preferred Canelo took a fight against one of the many non-shop worn champions between 160 and 175 (Charlo,Andrade, Callum Smith, Caleb Plant, Dimitri Bivol, Artur Bieterbiev, Olyxander Gvosk etc.). I understand the business reasons why Kovalev was chosen but since none of us will see a dime from it I don't know why any of us would give a fu ck. I just want to see the best fight the best. While Kovalev/Canelo was an interesting matchup its far down the list of interesting matchups that could be made.

P.S: After a week or so of arguing with people about the Kovalev/Canelo fight I am of the opinion that the idea of this version of Kovalev was more interesting matchup for Canelo than the idea of a trilogy bout with GGG. Cherry pick as it was it was still a fresh matchup with a slight possibility of a KO loss for Canelo.
    Last edited by yankees7448; 11-10-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Losing to Andre ward who is HOF p4p #1 when he retired and avenging his loss to yarde is not the same as losing to a bum.

There are no excuses for GGG. He won't move up for a challenge, he won't fight anyone good in his own class. Still unproven.
      Whatever crap spin you guys want to tell yourself doesn't stop facts. More or less shows you guys might be paid shills.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        Money talks. If Canelo wanted that fight badly enough they would have made it happen. For instance DAZN could have agreed to remove Bivol from that meaningless Lenin Castillo fight the week prior and some financial compensation would have probably been enough to get the deal done.

FOTD bull***** wasn't a real factor so lets not pretend it was. Its just icing on the cake and the cake was the reputation Kovalev built up to and including the Andre Ward fights. It wasn't about getting the best possible light heavyweight champion because Kovalev wasn't that guy.

Some people might go that direction sure. Not me. But take those comments to those people it applies to.

Don't get me wrong. A former 154lb champion stepping up to beat a guy who is at worst the 4th best light heavyweight in the world is still an accomplishment. Its a nice feather in Canelo's cap. But there are a lot of people who are in line to blow that ginger basterd as if he beat the King of the division in his prime and not a guy who lost 3 of his previous 7 fights with two losses by KO.

I would have much preferred Canelo took a fight against one of the many non-shop worn champions between 160 and 175 (Charlo,Andrade, Callum Smith, Caleb Plant, Dimitri Bivol, Artur Bieterbiev, Olyxander Gvosk etc.). I understand the business reasons why Kovalev was chosen but since none of us will see a dime from it I don't know why any of us would give a fu ck. I just want to see the best fight the best. While Kovalev/Canelo was an interesting matchup its far down the list of interesting matchups that could be made.

P.S: After a week or so of arguing with people about the Kovalev/Canelo fight I am of the opinion that the idea of this version of Kovalev was more interesting matchup for Canelo than the idea of a trilogy bout with GGG. Cherry pick as it was it was still a fresh matchup with a slight possibility of a KO loss for Canelo.
        alot of people are in line to blow people for alot less...ya know?

again everyone points out to kovs recent track record, which includes the ward fights, as a detriment when hes matched up with canelo

when they talk about ward/kova though they say kova was robbed and cheated...so which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          alot of people are in line to blow people for alot less...ya know?

again everyone points out to kovs recent track record, which includes the ward fights, as a detriment when hes matched up with canelo

when they talk about ward/kova though they say kova was robbed and cheated...so which one is it?
          That's a question you should ask to people who think Kova was robbed and cheated in the Ward fights.

Comment

That's a question you should ask to people who think Kova was robbed and cheated in the Ward fights.
            which is basically every golovkin fan/canelo hater/ward hater

Comment

which is basically every golovkin fan/canelo hater/ward hater
              You're a very dubious source to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post

There are no excuses for GGG. He won't move up for a challenge, he won't fight anyone good in his own class. Still unproven.
                Whatever crap spin you guys want to tell yourself doesn't stop facts. More or less shows you guys might be paid shills.
                I find it ironic that someone whose name is dontbeahater says GGG won't fight anyone good despite him fighting guys like Canelo, Jacobs and Dervychenko. What was that you said about spinning crap without facts?

Comment

You're a very dubious source to be honest.
                  this place IS THE SOURCE!

all you have to do is take a look around...and read kov/ward threads...do u think im making this up out of thin air? its all here in the post history man....stop trying to act like im making stuff up

literally every golovkin fan/canelo hater/ward hater says that kov was robbed and then cheated....plain and simple...go through the threads if you think im lying...come back and give me a report(my guess is youll say you dont care or dont have time)....but apparently you do care....

but when it comes to canelo/kov they are telling us how kov lost twice

Comment

I find it ironic that someone whose name is dontbeahater says GGG won't fight anyone good despite him fighting guys like Canelo, Jacobs and Dervychenko. What was that you said about spinning crap without facts?
                    Those are the best names on his entire resume. And they only came about within the last few years of his career.

Comment

this place IS THE SOURCE!

all you have to do is take a look around...and read kov/ward threads...do u think im making this up out of thin air? its all here in the post history man....stop trying to act like im making stuff up

literally every golovkin fan/canelo hater/ward hater says that kov was robbed and then cheated....plain and simple...go through the threads if you think im lying...come back and give me a report(my guess is youll say you dont care or dont have time)....but apparently you do care....

but when it comes to canelo/kov they are telling us how kov lost twice
                      You act like you're some nonbiased boxing sage. You're not. You're as biased as any of those you accuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X