Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official rehydration clause of 185 for Kova vs Canelo. Does it matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there you have it.

Kovalev is used to the IBF rule, so I'm sure he wasn't gonna put on a bunch of weight anyways, but it's still disappointing to hear. Lol at Fat Dan spinning it "Well Canelo didn't ask for it". Does it really matter? It's there now, lol.
    Last edited by Biolink; 11-01-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah it does matter...if it didn't matter there wouldn't be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        And there you have it.

Kovalev is used to the IBF rule, so I'm sure he wasn't gonna put on a bunch of weight anyways, but it's still disappointing to hear. Lol at Fat Dan spinning it "Well Canelo didn't ask for it". Does it really matter? It's there now, lol.
        lmfao just like Canelo didn't ask for the one against Jacobs or the one against Fielding or all the other ones.

Bull****, they're still there lol

Comment

It's typical Canelo BS (and he wonders why some people don't like him) but it won't matter in this case. The Mcgirt version of Kovalev is lighter and has better stamina. Kovalev will be under 185 with or without this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            And there you have it.

Is the IBF 10lbs or 10%? Genuine question because im not sure (I know some of the pre weigh ins have to do with %).
            If it's 10% then 10lbs is still significantly less than an IBF weigh in as that would allow him to weigh 17.5 more the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
              Is the IBF 10lbs or 10%? Genuine question because im not sure (I know some of the pre weigh ins have to do with %).
              If it's 10% then 10lbs is still significantly less than an IBF weigh in as that would allow him to weigh 17.5 more the next day.
              IBF is 10lbs

it should be a percentage though, since ten pounds to a lightweight is a massive difference and ten pounds to a cruiserweight is just taking a big ****.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                IBF is 10lbs

it should be a percentage though, since ten pounds to a lightweight is a massive difference and ten pounds to a cruiserweight is just taking a big ****.
                Thanks. I agree that it should be percentage also

Comment

But he came in the ring against Floyd as Light heavyweight weighing around 175 lbs and had the audacity to complain

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    But he came in the ring against Floyd as Light heavyweight weighing around 175 lbs and had the audacity to complain
                    Pretty sure he was "only" about 165 for that fight...and his fans complain that he was drained

Comment

Eh I’m indifferent to this, if you as a fighter agree to it then you can’t use it as an excuse. Unless you are showing up just for the check of course but if your aim is to win and you accept it it’s because you don’t think it’ll be a factor

Comment

Working...
                      X