No announcement yet.

Joshua-Pulev negations will mirror Canelo-Derevyanchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    It seems like TR wasn't a part of Pulev's team (at least publicly) until after the Hughie fight:

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...r-kubrat-pulev

Seems like Pulev is being co-promoted, but he's had his last two fights in USA. I guess Epic Sports will handle his fights in Bulgaria. If he's going to be fed to Fury, it makes more sense to build his profile in the USA. If they do happen to win the purse bid, it should be a U.S. fight.
    I'm sure they'll fight in the USA if it's vacant, because whoever wins will be fed to Fury (Pulev or Kayabel) but they don't really need to build hype around Fury's opponents. Just show the record.

That's all they did with Wallin and Schwartz.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      I'm sure they'll fight in the USA if it's vacant, because whoever wins will be fed to Fury (Pulev or Kayabel) but they don't really need to build hype around Fury's opponents. Just show the record.

That's all they did with Wallin and Schwartz.
      Adam Kownacki is rated higher than Kabayel.

PBC would likely beat Top Rank in the hypothetical Pulev-Kownacki purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Adam Kownacki is rated higher than Kabayel.

PBC would likely beat Top Rank in the hypothetical Pulev-Kownacki purse bid.
        He is, but Kownacki is putting the finishing touches on a match with Helinus last I heard. Pulev drags this negotiations long enough and that match gets finalized. Then it's in house Pulev/Kayabel for a vacant title.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          He is, but Kownacki is putting the finishing touches on a match with Helinus last I heard. Pulev drags this negotiations long enough and that match gets finalized. Then it's in house Pulev/Kayabel for a vacant title.
          The IBF would still check with Kownacki to see if he wanted to pull out of the Helenius fight before they'd pass him over. I don't think Haymon would pass up on the chance to do Kownacki vs Pulev for the IBF.

Comment

the sun is not a reliable source. most reliable sources had a 60 million pot, 10 for ruiz and 50 for joshua. some claimer 46 million pounds for joshua, so approximately 60 million dollars.

no matter how you slice it, i don't see how you get to 80 million.
            Says the guy that woud claim Charlo has 5miion purse a fight without backing up a source. What a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Says the guy that woud claim Charlo has 5miion purse a fight without backing up a source. What a hypocrite.
              You don't quite seem to grasp the concept of hypocrisy.

Had I pointed to The Sun as a source of reliable information in the past, you could then call me a hypocrite for dismissing them as a reliable source no.

But I am always very consistent that The Sun isn't credible and doesn't know what it's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Interesting logic...

AJ-Pulev will happen for two reasons IMO.

-Team AJ want a low risk fight following the shock loss to Ruiz last year. And Pulev presents far less of a risk than Usyk.

-Team AJ want to keep hold of the IBF belt because “the belts” are a huge marketing tool for them, and one they constantly try to utilise.

I expect Pulev to eventually agree terms and the fight to happen in the UK in the spring time.
                pulev is a guy who only lost to wladmir klitschko
                beat chisora and hughie fury...which puts him around the same level as the likes of whyte and parker.

why are you assuming he's 'low risk'?

Comment

You don't quite seem to grasp the concept of hypocrisy.

Had I pointed to The Sun as a source of reliable information in the past, you could then call me a hypocrite for dismissing them as a reliable source no.

But I am always very consistent that The Sun isn't credible and doesn't know what it's talking about.
                  But you are a reliable source for the 5 million purse of charlo doe

Comment

darev-canelo is an amazing matchup

One of my desired matchups right now

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      But you are a reliable source for the 5 million purse of charlo doe
                      i've delivered reliable info over and over. i broke the news of fury fighting schwarz months before it was announced. way before anyone even knew who tom schwarz was. the sun has no reliable boxing insiders. they just make stuff up. i've worked in the industry for decades and have developed a lot of relationships.

Comment

Working...
                      X