No announcement yet.

I'm sorry but I swear I just watched a close, competitive fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
    This was a clear win for Canelo. Jacobs was getting beat to the punch for most of the fight. This fight wasn't even close. Danny was really lucky to get those two judges giving Canelo the win by scores of 115 -113.
    BreadMan Edwards is black so like Andrade he scored it for the black man.

Clear win for Canelo...7-5 or 8-4. Hell 9-3 was as fair as 6-6.

The BS bloggers are all well established Canelo haters and black so they'll always rep their own. It's not racism though b/c racism is only white on black

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      116-112, easy. I think DJ had maybe 2 impressive rds.
      Remember the first 3 rounds were close. Could have been given to either fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Remember the first 3 rounds were close. Could have been given to either fighter.
        Says you.

DJ didn't want to win. He wanted to last. The only thing that kept him from seeking a ko was common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          BreadMan Edwards is black so like Andrade he scored it for the black man.

Clear win for Canelo...7-5 or 8-4. Hell 9-3 was as fair as 6-6.

The BS bloggers are all well established Canelo haters and black so they'll always rep their own. It's not racism though b/c racism is only white on black
          I'll be honest with you. I've had my grievances with Canelo in the past. I like Danny Jacobs a lot. He's a very likable guy. BUT there's no way in hell that Danny came close to winning that fight. and I think he was given way too much credit by 2 of the judges. That was not a 115 -113 win for Canelo...He won it wider than that. it was at least 8 - 4 in favour of Canelo. If they had scored it 9 - 3 for Canelo, it wouldn't have been a bad scorecard. I'm starting to like Canelo because he's become a GREAT fighter...This is not the Canelo of 4 or 5 years ago. He's improved by leaps and bounds...It's weird to see just how much he's improved. Kind of shocking. He used to be a good, solid fighter...Now he's great.

PS. I'm a Golovkin fan and I really like Jacobs. Nelo is truly a great fighter. I can't shciit on him anymore. I'm actually becoming a fan because he's slick, sturdy AND he comes to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            Says you.

DJ didn't want to win. He wanted to last. The only thing that kept him from seeking a ko was common sense.
            I agree completely with this. Jacobs COULD'NT fight with Canelo because he has a disadvantage in hand speed, defense and skills. He had to fight the way he did, in a defensive, safety-first manner or he likely would have been beat up and stopped. Canelo was just too quick handed and accurate for him. Canelo's defense was also better.

Comment

Jacobs didn’t do enough to win this fight...left it to late and lost the last round when if he went for broke he could have evened the scores and made it very very close

Comment

Thought Canelo won comfortably.. if that was GGG in there, the scores would've been 117-111.

Comment

I agree completely with this. Jacobs COULD'NT fight with Canelo because he has a disadvantage in hand speed, defense and skills. He had to fight the way he did, in a defensive, safety-first manner or he likely would have been beat up and stopped. Canelo was just too quick handed and accurate for him. Canelo's defense was also better.
                  At certain levels, size power ''advantages'' become the thing least troublesome.

It's all about skill and preparation.

This plan A-Z bullshlt, though !!!!

Yeah, I know a guy has to act a part to sell tix/promote a fight, but that promotion carries over to the next fight.This is what doomed Khan and Broner.

People are sick of their talking. Now everyone wants to see them get crushed. I guess that's a type of promotion ?!?!? Stacking up L's while earning some $$$

DJ is terrible at playing a bad guy. Don't know he opted for that role.

Comment

I'll be honest with you. I've had my grievances with Canelo in the past. I like Danny Jacobs a lot. He's a very likable guy. BUT there's no way in hell that Danny came close to winning that fight. and I think he was given way too much credit by 2 of the judges. That was not a 115 -113 win for Canelo...He won it wider than that. it was at least 8 - 4 in favour of Canelo. If they had scored it 9 - 3 for Canelo, it wouldn't have been a bad scorecard. I'm starting to like Canelo because he's become a GREAT fighter...This is not the Canelo of 4 or 5 years ago. He's improved by leaps and bounds...It's weird to see just how much he's improved. Kind of shocking. He used to be a good, solid fighter...Now he's great.

PS. I'm a Golovkin fan and I really like Jacobs. Nelo is truly a great fighter. I can't shciit on him anymore. I'm actually becoming a fan because he's slick, sturdy AND he comes to fight.
                    Agree on all points. Fun fighter to watch and very happy that someone keeps on testing themselves.

Errald Spencer is heralded on these forums by some people (definitely NOT me), but he refuses to fight Crawford. Literally ducks the man at every corner..."he's across the street" or "Bop Arum is desperate". Errald has NO contract, but just won't fight the single best opponent in his division. It's not any more complicated than that.

Canelo fights Danny and is now talking about either unifying with Andrade or going to SMW to challenge himself with the likes of Callum Smith in what would be Canelo's 4th division. What's not to like? What a stud

Meanwhile Errald Spencer is probably going to fight Lomachenko next and GGG is fighting the #97th MW at a SMW catchweight (after slandering catchweights for Y E A R S)

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      Vegas judges for a Canelo fight are less biased than the DAZN commentary crew.

Boxingscene scored it a draw I see. Good job, Boxingscene......
                      I had it, the exact same as Boxingscene card. to me it was a draw. so im cool with the result.

we all knew Canelo will be getting those "swing" rounds for him.

people making it seems like canelo outclassed Jacobs. SMH

just FYI people, Head movement doesnt grant you points. " but the defense doe" ; "Jacobs swinging doe"

I love how Canelo always improves on defence, but I would love a lot more if when he does that , counters the **** out of the adversary.

Comment

Working...
                      X