Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa's 'coloureds' 'preferred apartheid' and now 'arent black enough'

racism in south africa.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apartheid.html

Yes, in south africa coloured people were not black but indians and often other asians.

In the Apartheid Museum near Johannesburg, they have lines for blacks, whites, and coloureds to kind of get you in the mood for what you are going to see.

SA has it's own immigration problems too as many people got the hell out of Zimbabwe and some surrounding places cuz it's still one of the best places in Africa for work.

Some people I talked to were so disgusted with the current corruption they actually said in some ways apartheid was better but I think that that was said by people who did not live through it.

Despite all it's problems, it's a beautiful country. Highly recommend it.

Comment

did you just make this thread so you could post the word "coloured"

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post

South Africa is more racist now than it has ever been.

It is far more lawless and and far more injustice there now as well.

More corrupt as well.

Comment

Mugabe was a cheeky bastard too

Comment

Every country has its own racist

Mostly the majority race are the racist towards minority

But here in america its the opposite, its the minorities who are the racist towards the majority

Comment

this is what happens when thet there's a peaceful transition of power from an oppressive regime to the oppressed. No one from the apartheid govt was held accountable. Violence cleanses the soul & rights the wrongs. S. Africans will always have that colonial mindset.

America got it right when there was a violent overthrow of the British monarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                this is what happens when thet there's a peaceful transition of power from an oppressive regime to the oppressed. No one from the apartheid govt was held accountable. Violence cleanses the soul & rights the wrongs. S. Africans will always have that colonial mindset.

America got it right when there was a violent overthrow of the British monarchy.
                I agree with part of this.
                Mandela and Bishop Desmond Tutu did preach a policy of unity, diversity, and forgiveness so they did let the perpetrators not be accountable for atrocities.

I disagree on the violent overthrow because it wasn't practical or even possible as the government had all the guns, money, gold, and assets. They would need a ton of foreign capital and arms to achieve something like that that wasn't coming. I think foreign nations worried about the chaos something like this would cause which would affect their own economic bottom lines.

I like your point about the colonial attitudes of some Africans. Honestly, the problem may lie in that there are so many different tribes like Zulu, Khosa, etc who have very little relationships with each other historically or fought each other historically. The colonists basically did divide and conquer tactics to great effect and provided some sense of bizarro normalcy.

Economic inequality is stunning there and contributes a ton to the violence.
                You see gigantic mansions all of them with high gates and advanced security systems versus poor shanty towns like Soweto. I do think economic desperation fuels a lot of the violence today rather than overt racism (although previous overt racism facilitated that inequality)
                Last edited by jreckoning; 04-28-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                  Every country has its own racist

Mostly the majority race are the racist towards minority

But here in america its the opposite, its the minorities who are the racist towards the majority
                  Race + Power = racism

Please tell us the structural systems minorities have set up to oppress the majority here in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Race + Power = racism

Please tell us the structural systems minorities have set up to oppress the majority here in America.
                    That was a weird statement, I agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X