No announcement yet.

MVP vs Lima

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP vs Lima

Too much solid boxing & MMA on to get into Bellator, but definitely will be watching twitter for rbr of Michael "Venom" Page's fight vs Douglas Lima.

Anyone thinking MVP is gonna do some matrix sh^t again like the old days or did that end with him stepping up finally vs Paul Daley last time out?

Also Jack Swagger is fighting this guy....

Lowkey rooting on this chubby butcher or w/e dude who's been a fun guy during this promotion. Being optimistic he's probably got a legit 1% chance to win this fight doe, but the dream of an upset is alive with me.

I don''t follow MMA like that but I saw a couple of those matrix performances by Page live. He's like a +220 dog, I'll take the bait.

Boxing is on TV, so I'll throw a stream up on the tablet when MVP about to fight.

Comment

MVP got f#cked up.

Comment

Chubby dude got f#cked up too.

Jack Swagger had a very Mike Tyson-ish post-fight interview.

Comment

I'm shocked he made it this far. I've been following MMA for a long time. I even do coaching from time to time.

For Page to last this long before getting exposed shows the dearth of talent in the UK, and Ballator's fine touch for favorable match-making.

Comment

He can always come back to boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              For Page to last this long before getting exposed shows the dearth of talent in the UK, and Ballator's fine touch for favorable match-making.
              Yea the lack of depth in MMA in the UK is a thing I've heard mentioned quite alot. Its not caught on there quite like it has in the US.

And its worth mentioning MVP was a kickboxer who transitioned to MMA to. He's used to big glove fighting & I think people from gloved fighting underrate how defense isn't as much of a thing in MMA & your face isn't built to take punches to it & stay awake

Randomly thats why I kinda think a Lobov KO bet over Paulie isn't THAT bad of a bet although idk how many rounds they do in that BK league or what the odds are to know if its worth it quite yet. Probably have to get a +500ish, +700ish (10%ish--15%ish chance of it happening odds-wise) on it for it to be worth betting for me & the more rounds the better. If its only 3 rounds I'll probably stay away cuz Lobov is pretty trash, but dude is durable as f#ck & never stops (hence his value to McConor as a training partner) & I don't trust Paulie's hands & idk how Paulie is gonna react when he gets hit BK numerous times or if he's gonna cut & swell up.

Definitely agree Bellator helped make MVP look as Matrix-y as he's looked. That Daley (a old & washed ex-legit top guy) fight showed how limited MVP was vs talented guys. Lima is on top now so this result isn't very surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                MVP got f#cked up.

it was gonna happen eventually.... dude just fights with his hands way too long.....

imo thats on that "point fighting" nonsense that they do in american styled karate.

supposedly him and raymond daniels are the "best" point fighters... but when it comes to these real fights they both lost by ko. (daniels lost in bellator kickboxing to a muay thai fighter)

Comment

MVP pretty analytical & gracious in defeat here. I like it.

Still think he needs a trademark W to reallllllly prove himself. That Daley fight was close as f#ck (& plenty think he got a gift) & while he did well in this fight largely a KO to end it is how it'll be remembered & shows focus while in trying fights could be an ongoing issue for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    MVP pretty analytical & gracious in defeat here. I like it.

Still think he needs a trademark W to reallllllly prove himself. That Daley fight was close as f#ck (& plenty think he got a gift) & while he did well in this fight largely a KO to end it is how it'll be remembered & shows focus while in trying fights could be an ongoing issue for him.
                    Yeah, he's handling it exceptionally well. Pure class.

Comment

Working...
                    X