Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: I Hope Thurman Backs Up Talk - Goes Toe To Toe!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
    As great as an offensive trainer roach is, he never trains his fighters to cut off the ring. Manny's never been good at it but was able to nullify that deficiency with excellent foot work and speed.

Mannys legs are nothin like they used to be & with each fight I've seen less & less spring & bounce in his step. Look at the Broner fight, he was literally chasing Broner corner to corner & then lunging in once he had him cornered. He did the same against Floyd & Algeri.

I'm hoping they train & prepare for Thurman's movement cuz he's certainly not gonna stand & trade. & Lunging against Thurman is gonna get him hurt. Freddie can be overly confident at times with his training at times though so I won't hold my breath. I Remember in camp for may pac, he said Floyds legs were "shot" & that he couldn't move around the ring like he used to. Even though he had just showed he could do just that in the Maidana rematch. & Look what happened. Manny spent most of the round trying to chase the target instead of letting his hands go and when he did he either anticipated too much or ate a straight right and then let Floyd escape.

Mannys not gonna suddenly learn how to cut off the ring for this fight. They just better bring in some sparring partners with good movement to prepare or else Keith steals the fight in a stinker
    All correct.

Still, a doubt lingers on about Thurman's actual level right now. Josesito Lopez almost had him out. What would happen if Pacquiao hit Thurman good a couple of times?

I mean, should Pacman manage to land serious body shots, "Once Upon A Time" would be in genuine trouble (again, based on what we've seen in the Lopez fight; but I also remember Luis Collazo doing damage to him as well).
    Last edited by Tatabanya; 05-24-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
      Manny cant cut off the ring with a chainsaw. if Keith decides to box he wins easy. Pac is tryna bait him.
      This ^ right here.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
        LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by PoserExposer View Post
          Run Time will stink up the joint. Since he’s gone up in competition, he hasn’t destroyed anyone other than his moniker. This 40 year old Pacquiao is enough to beat the best Keith Thurman.
          Wtf is you talking about? Keith is undefeated & fought some good fighters.

Comment

Who said he hasn’t fought good fighters? I said his moniker, One-Time is not fitting anymore. He hasn’t knocked out ANY elite fighters, that’s my point. He will stink up the joint because he won’t bang or seek a KO anymore because he can’t and won’t.
            Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            Wtf is you talking about? Keith is undefeated & fought some good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by PoserExposer View Post
              Who said he hasn’t fought good fighters? I said his moniker, One-Time is not fitting anymore. He hasn’t knocked out ANY elite fighters, that’s my point. He will stink up the joint because he won’t bang or seek a KO anymore because he can’t and won’t.
              It should be a good fight regardless.

Comment

Working...
              X