Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC up for sale & Showtime about to pull the plug on boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    LOL....Hey if the others don't want to fight D.Wilder then so be it.
    Yes, we will magically forget who turned down 100million and just pretend like AJ is ducking

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Honestly, that could be exactly what Endeavor is trying to do. They may be trying to buy every promotional company and creating one league like the UFC. That's what the boys on the Show Me Money podcast talked about. Interesting times.
      I think that is a must. Not sure how it would work but I reckon we'd see a lot more fights. Maybe not headline fights every month but top 10 guys fighting 5 or 6 times a year to make it the top.

I wonder how the rankings would transfer out of its current situation into one ladder...THAT would be so political!

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
        I think that is a must. Not sure how it would work but I reckon we'd see a lot more fights. Maybe not headline fights every month but top 10 guys fighting 5 or 6 times a year to make it the top.

I wonder how the rankings would transfer out of its current situation into one ladder...THAT would be so political!
        Top 10 fighters fighting 5 or 6 times a year? Yeah, good luck with that one lol.

Only way you make a league is if you buy the PBC AND another top promotional company like TR. One alone isn't cutting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Top 10 fighters fighting 5 or 6 times a year? Yeah, good luck with that one lol.

Only way you make a league is if you buy the PBC AND another top promotional company like TR. One alone isn't cutting it.
          You don't think 5 fights a year is doable? I would have thought that this industry would capitalise on a supply/demand basis...seems like that's worked well for UFC
          I want to watch boxing every weekend but there isn't the platform for it! I want my demands supplied

Wow, imagine combining TR, PBC, MR and QP. That would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
            You don't think 5 fights a year is doable? I would have thought that this industry would capitalise on a supply/demand basis...seems like that's worked well for UFC
            I want to watch boxing every weekend but there isn't the platform for it! I want my demands supplied

Wow, imagine combining TR, PBC, MR and QP. That would be amazing.
            The top UFC fighters don't fight 5 to 6 times a year at all. And boxers aren't going to want to take big pay cuts. They will just go elsewhere if Endeavor severely changes the pay model.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Yes, we will magically forget who turned down 100million and just pretend like AJ is ducking
              To make the Mayweather fight Would you have expected PAC to sign with Showtime for 3-4 fights with 1-2 tuneups before he could get Mayweather

Of course not

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                To make the Mayweather fight Would you have expected PAC to sign with Showtime for 3-4 fights with 1-2 tuneups before he could get Mayweather

Of course not
                If the fights were a mandatory defence that he already agreed (and they were paying him more) the mayweather fight and the rematch he insisted he wanted then yes I would.

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

Of course not
                  Wilder-Breazeale was a mandatory he was taking that fight no matter what network he was on. Damn man think up some excuses that make ****ing sense for once.

Wilder = I'm fighting Breazeale
                  DAZN = 100 mil, you fight Breazeale and then 2 fights with Joshua (Wilder asked for 2 Joshua fights previously)
                  Wilder/Showtime = Announce Wilder-Breazeale
                  Wilder fans = DAZN were making him fight Breazeale

^^^^ This is the level of stupidity you have to deal with when talking to Wilder fans.
                  Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-24-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                    I cancelled HBO, would immediately cancel showtime as well.

Boxing in the US bout to turn into backyard wrestling, but anybody that remembers that era of ECW/Backyard wrestling remembers that era as an amazing time for fans and the sport. It was so raw and so real, what boxing is. The truest sense of warriors in combat.
                    Agreed.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Wilder-Breazeale was a mandatory he was taking that fight no matter what network he was on. Damn man think up some excuses that make ****ing sense for once.

Wilder = I'm fighting Breazeale
                      DAZN = 100 mil, you fight Breazeale and then 2 fights with Joshua (Wilder asked for 2 Joshua fights previously)
                      Wilder/Showtime = Announce Wilder-Breazeale
                      Wilder fans = DAZN were making him fight Breazeale

^^^^ This is the level of stupidity you have to deal with when talking to Wilder fans.
                      You keep playing dumb. Haymon is not going to help Hearn grow Dazn that is why he told wilder to reject the Dazn offer.

Aj is not signed to Dazn so why would Wilder have to sign with dazn as a condition of getting fight? Dazn hasn’t shown it can handle the traffic of a major fight without major problems.

Just make the fight on ppv and let’s get it on.

Comment

Working...
                      X