Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Sounds Off on Luis Ortiz and His Team Over Joshua Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol are people still trying to blame this on Hearn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      That's not what I've read; when one of his home papers went on about Tyson Fury donating his full purse on the fight, the number that was used and attributed to Fury was £7m (don't have the exchange rate in hand for the time window, but that gets you to about $10m).

Beyond that, if Fury actually got 50/50 on the first fight, 1)why wasn't the listed money split 50/50 and 2)why was it such a deal when the offer for the rematch was explicitly stated as being 50/50?
      I wouldn't listen to papers, they get the $/£ mixed up all the time. Fury would have said he earned 10 Mill if that was the case to show Hearn and AJ that he's making bank to make it look as good for him as possible.

The money split wasn't revealed. But Warren did allude to it. The only difference was the guarantee. Fury got 3 Mill to Wilder's 4 Mill.

Who made it out to be such a deal? They just said the fight would be 50/50. They didn't use this language before the first fight because both sides hid this information.

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
        Wrong. Since DAZN is..., there is no way to know which subscriptions account for which fights. So the percentages have to be based on what your opponent is getting. Wilder was fully justified in wanting to know how much Joshua would be getting if he fought him.
        How do you call yourself if you contradict to your own previous sentence?
        You said it's "no way to know" and then say it's justified to know and has to be calculated based on.
        Do you hear yourself? Read my lips:
        NO POT IN DAZN SO NO PERCENTAGE. You can calculate fighter's money for yourself to a base of atoms on the Mars and be right - there is no "has to" rule. BUT as people always calculate from all pot, that's the ONLY logical way to compare fighters! Unless you explicitly want to point out misery salary of fighter B in a way "dude deserves one fourth of my man".

So next time unless you specify you are special with you specific way, that's the only way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
          How do you call yourself if you contradict to your own previous sentence?
          You said it's "no way to know" and then say it's justified to know and has to be calculated based on.
          Do you hear yourself? Read my lips:
          NO POT IN DAZN SO NO PERCENTAGE. You can calculate fighter's money for yourself to a base of atoms on the Mars and be right - there is no "has to" rule. BUT as people always calculate from all pot, that's the ONLY logical way to compare fighters! Unless you explicitly want to point out misery salary of fighter B in a way "dude deserves one fourth of my man".

So next time unless you specify you are special with you specific way, that's the only way.
          You didn't understand what I wrote. There is no way to know how many DAZN subscriptions are generated for a particular fight, so the percentage CANNOT be based on the generated revenue. It has to be based on what each fighter is getting. So if Joshua makes $30 million, his opponent should demand at least 25% of what Joshua is making or $7.5 million. But it should be a PERCENTAGE, not a flat fee. So in Wilder's case if Joshua is making $60 million to fight him in an undisputed fight, Wilder needs to KNOW that before he accepts the deal because he is demanding a 50/50 split (i.e. he is demanding that whatever Joshua is making to fight him, he should get the same thing). DAZN refused to let him know, so the deal was rejected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            I wouldn't listen to papers, they get the $/£ mixed up all the time. Fury would have said he earned 10 Mill if that was the case to show Hearn and AJ that he's making bank to make it look as good for him as possible.

The money split wasn't revealed. But Warren did allude to it. The only difference was the guarantee. Fury got 3 Mill to Wilder's 4 Mill.

Who made it out to be such a deal? They just said the fight would be 50/50. They didn't use this language before the first fight because both sides hid this information.
            All I'm saying is that the numbers work out pretty much an how they should to corroborate information put forward by other sources talking about the same fight.

7 million versus 10 million isn't really a dick waving contest when AJ is already making £15m/$20m per fight, so doubt that that would make much sense either.

Warren may have wanted and hoped for a 50/50, but it doesn't look like he got it, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              This PBC is the devil sh^t is getting old.

Andy Ruiz is with PBC. If Haymon has some plan to destroy DAZN or Eddie why would he help save the June 1 show?
              Obviously I'm speaking in hyperbole but let's be honest, the PBC folks are not doing a great job of managing their talent, keeping them active and putting on the best fights. I love that they pushed the envelope by getting boxing back on network TV and that ultimately lead to other brokers getting deals with ESPN and DAZN. I don't want PBC to fail but it's time to for them step up! Crawford needs to fight the top PBC Welters and eventually make his way to Spence. Spence needs to fight the top welters at PBC, and Wilder needs to fight Joshua. Tank needs to fight a legitimate opponent and so does Gary Russell Jr. Boxing is dying on Showtime and I would hate for it to be over as it died on HBO. I'm not positive PBC can flourish with only Fox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Input1914 View Post
                Obviously I'm speaking in hyperbole but let's be honest, the PBC folks are not doing a great job of managing their talent, keeping them active and putting on the best fights.
                I half agree with you. I think they are doing a GREAT job at managing their fighters. I don't think anyone is better at getting boxers their max value in boxing than Haymon. I do however agree that PBC is a clusterf#ck with their promotional angle & focus towards hyping their fighters & their fights to max ability. And thats cuz PBC isn't a promoter & they outsource the job to promoters who have no upside to do anything in excess to the basic promotion cuz they'll see no extra money if they do.

One of the best things Haymon could do, & maybe he does idk, is give promoters the flat fee, but not unlike with boxers getting a PPV %, give the promoter a extra % for PPV sales for PPV fights or give them a higher fee if they meet certain agreed upon Nielsen numbers. It'd be worth it long term for the boxers to take less for a broader reach in those cases imo.

That still doesn't fix the problem of the lack of focus on reading the tea leafs of what fans want, but its a start in the right direction anyway.

I don't want PBC to fail but it's time to for them step up! Crawford needs to fight the top PBC Welters and eventually make his way to Spence. Spence needs to fight the top welters at PBC, and Wilder needs to fight Joshua. Tank needs to fight a legitimate opponent and so does Gary Russell Jr. Boxing is dying on Showtime and I would hate for it to be over as it died on HBO. I'm not positive PBC can flourish with only Fox.
                I think PBC has stepped up lately. These PPV fights are a step up even if people are pissed that they are PPV fights. The PBC show is a step up, I've been saying thats been needed since day 1. I think the next move is the Spence vs Porter & Manny vs Thurman winners fighting next (or next next if some dumb ass mando pops up or some other bs), but honestly I'm not super confident it does cuz of how lackadaisical the moves PBC has made overall made with fighters trajectory. I think PBC thinks TOO BUSINESS-Y is one of their problems. If they focused just a lil more on the fans I think they'd have a lot more support with a lot more people.

And as to the Showtime/Fox/PBC stuff again I think PBC might be too business-y. I actually think PBC is playing it well right now. They are chasing the golden goose...a deal with Fox that would be bigger than the current deal & that could hurt ESPN+'s & DAZN's boxing game if they were to get it. But they are keeping a good relationship with Showtime in case they don't catch that golden goose. So they for sure got a plan A & a plan B to fallback on. And I'd bet anything they got a plan C & D & so on. I suspect that if this Fox deal doesn't become a bigger deal after 6 years PBC will either be in talks with DAZN or one of the streaming competitors to DAZN for their content cuz I suspect the streaming game will be bigger by then & more viable with more cats throwing around even bigger money then now + with more of an audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
                  You didn't understand what I wrote. There is no way to know how many DAZN subscriptions are generated for a particular fight, so the percentage CANNOT be based on the generated revenue. It has to be based on what each fighter is getting. So if Joshua makes $30 million, his opponent should demand at least 25% of what Joshua is making or $7.5 million. But it should be a PERCENTAGE, not a flat fee. So in Wilder's case if Joshua is making $60 million to fight him in an undisputed fight, Wilder needs to KNOW that before he accepts the deal because he is demanding a 50/50 split (i.e. he is demanding that whatever Joshua is making to fight him, he should get the same thing). DAZN refused to let him know, so the deal was rejected.
                  What Joshua gets from DAZN is a result of hard negotiations about payment plan for future fights. Technically DAZN fights are same as PROMOTER organizing a non-ppv non-purse-bid fight paying both sides and taking income from channels and elsewhere, but deeper negotiated.
                  Other fighters can't just say "I want % of what that guy gets" because they don't deserve (not into negotiations of elephants) unless they are proven unsigned stars but even then DAZN can rightly ignore as I said, it's deeper than just promoter's fight on a channel.
                  So no business %% calculations here. Only fan's meaning... what I wrote before.
                  Final post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
                    What Joshua gets from DAZN is a result of hard negotiations about payment plan for future fights. Technically DAZN fights are same as PROMOTER organizing a non-ppv non-purse-bid fight paying both sides and taking income from channels and elsewhere, but deeper negotiated.
                    Other fighters can't just say "I want % of what that guy gets" because they don't deserve (not into negotiations of elephants) unless they are proven unsigned stars but even then DAZN can rightly ignore as I said, it's deeper than just promoter's fight on a channel.
                    So no business %% calculations here. Only fan's meaning... what I wrote before.
                    Final post.
                    I agree that most DAZN arrangements would be done this way, but one-time DAZN deals with established PBC fighters will be based on fighter percentages, such as the Wilder undisputed fight with Joshua. So unless they open the books, the fight will not happen on DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                    X