Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Unifications Make For Better Divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Top contender fights would help the sport a lot in my opinion. When every single fight is for a belt, the belts just don't mean much. Tournaments and top contender fights are a lot of fun and help build the story for the next title fights because every great fight needs a good story to hype it up.

True enough, their style didn't sit too well, but I mean, they usually did get the KO. Everyone likes KOs, but of course, they never went tooth and nail like Holyfield-Bowe or anything. However, I think you have to give Wlad plenty of credit for the Joshua fight. They did go after each other. Best heavy fight I've seen in years.
    Yeah it was nice to see Wlad retiring with a lot of credit, which he deserves IMO. Although he would’ve absolutely destroyed AJ in his prime. I’m glad he’s retired I hate watching fighter’s past their prime losing to guys they could’ve easily dealt with back in the day. I’ve had enough of it just watching Roy😂😂

I agree that these top guys having to face one another is great for the sport. I also love what the WBSS are doing, I think it’s been great so far. I wish it had a US tv deal though.
    As boxing fans all we want is the best to fight the best or at least competitive matchups.

Comment

problem with light heavyweight is that its filled with talent but they arent fighting each other. Its the same as every division, top class fighters fight fighters that they are expected to beat rather than each other.Its not a 'who beat the bum the best' competition but its not far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Yeah it was nice to see Wlad retiring with a lot of credit, which he deserves IMO. Although he would’ve absolutely destroyed AJ in his prime. I’m glad he’s retired I hate watching fighter’s past their prime losing to guys they could’ve easily dealt with back in the day. I’ve had enough of it just watching Roy😂😂

I agree that these top guys having to face one another is great for the sport. I also love what the WBSS are doing, I think it’s been great so far. I wish it had a US tv deal though.
        As boxing fans all we want is the best to fight the best or at least competitive matchups.
        Yeah, I've missed most of the WBSS. Need to YT them if they're there. The CWs are underrated.

Yeah, Roy needs to go home. He's got nothing left to prove at all. Just can't stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          problem with light heavyweight is that its filled with talent but they arent fighting each other. Its the same as every division, top class fighters fight fighters that they are expected to beat rather than each other.Its not a 'who beat the bum the best' competition but its not far from it.
          I know, man.

I'm getting tired of the showcase bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            Yeah, I've missed most of the WBSS. Need to YT them if they're there. The CWs are underrated.

Yeah, Roy needs to go home. He's got nothing left to prove at all. Just can't stay away.
            Yeah there’s been some good fights, Dorticos-Kudryashov was probably the standout CW fight. Groves-Eubank and Gassiev-Dorticos should be great fights coming up.

Comment

Working...
            X