Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This was a great performance from Terence Crawford...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a great performance from Terence Crawford...

... I forgot how good this fight was. Crawford is clearly one of the best in the sport at the minute, why isn't he being pushed more?

Nah. Gambia had him out on his feet and had he been a little bit bigger he would've ko'd the overrated ghetto trash hypejob from omaha.

Comment

Good thread. When people use the Gamboa fight as a way to bash Crawford it exposes their bias and/or lack of knowledge. He FINISHED a guy who has never been defeated and has looked stellar in most of his fights. This childish mentality that if you get caught in a fight (even if you win it) then you are trash. These same people criticize safety-first fighters.

It's hard to, without bias, say much bad about Crawford as a boxer. As a customer at a automotive shop, he's a severe idiot. As a boxer, one of the very best in the world.

Comment

Not really, Gamboa was way too small to be in the ring with crawford.

Comment

crawford is an excellent fighter, but he's got some stuff working against him. for one, he's a TR guy and they've got very little talent to match him with. that's the biggest hold-up from what i can see. arum is an older guy and he's lost a lot of the talent pool to haymon, who has investors and capital that arum can't contend with.

for whatever reason he's not getting the pacquiao fight yet. looks like both sides are pushing that one off, which again, i do not understand. once he beats manny he may very well "cross over." for now he's just a premium TV level guy. he also needs to move up to 147 lbs. unless the guys are already stars you usually see smaller guys move up from the JR divisions to reach for big fights. welterweight champion of the world just sounds better than jr welterweight champion of the world.

he's also been in some bad fights. for every gamboa, which i agree was an insane fight wtih a ton of action and a very high skill level, he's also had a postol.

Comment

Moving up though, he will miss the opportunity to unify the division. There's a lot of talk about Adrien Broner being in line to face Ricky Burns, if Burns can unify the IBF, IBO and WBA Super against Julius Indongo. Thing is we know that Broner can't make the weight... Terence Crawford versus the winner of that fight would be for... the IBF, IBO, WBA Super, WBC, WBO and RING magazine Super Lightweight titles... that is something worth sticking at 140 lbs. for one more year for.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Good thread. When people use the Gamboa fight as a way to bash Crawford it exposes their bias and/or lack of knowledge. He FINISHED a guy who has never been defeated and has looked stellar in most of his fights. This childish mentality that if you get caught in a fight (even if you win it) then you are trash. These same people criticize safety-first fighters.

It's hard to, without bias, say much bad about Crawford as a boxer. As a customer at a automotive shop, he's a severe idiot. As a boxer, one of the very best in the world.
              great post

Comment

Size was definitely an issue for Gamboa

The only thing that kept him competitive was pure talent

This is really non issue anyway - people called the size disparity way before the fight

Comment

this was a ****ing great performance

Comment

Why don't the American fanbase get behind Crawford? I genuinely don't get this. The same guys who couldn't get enough of Broner are, at best, lukewarm about him. It's crazy to me. The so called 'YouTube Boxing Community' barely give a shit about him. Is it because he's with Top Rank?

Comment

Working...
                    X