Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder v David Price - Who wins and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder v David Price - Who wins and why?

A good old-fashioned UK v USA matchup, who wins this one and why? Both heavy handed KO artists with major flaws. Price has the slight height advantage and weighs in heavier but Wilder has the advantage in athleticism, speed and possibly a slight one in power but that's pretty equal. Both have crap chins and questionable stamina. Both won Bronze in their respected weight classes at the same Olympic games.

Who wins and how/why?

Bear in mind Price would likely also achieve a similar record to Wilder if he had not stepped up early v Thompson (who let's not forget has fought Wlad and Pulev in the last 2 years, so at least Price had a go v top competition and came up short mainly by somewhat beating himself.

Discuss and vote in the poll

Please actually think about your votes in boxing terms, don't make it a political vote!

WILDER!

PRICE!
    Wilder KO/TKO
    78.26%
    Wilder Decision (lol)
    4.35%
    Price KO/TKO
    8.70%
    Price Decision (...)
    0.00%
    Knock each other out/not sure
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

One thing I am nearly sure off is that this fight will end with a K.O. As far as I am concerned, Price would have a slight advantage.

Comment

Wilder by clear decision with 89 total KD's

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
        One thing I am nearly sure off is that this fight will end with a K.O. As far as I am concerned, Price would have a slight advantage.
        TBH if Wilder 'isnt ready' to step in with the top contenders at the moment, for example Fury, he should fight Price... good exposure for him in Germany if Price is going to be fighting out of there now? And a good reward for both men, Wilder can beat a guy that was tipped as next champ too before his setbacks and a win for Price could resurrect his own career. Anyway, not sure who a better opponent is - a slick unproven guy stopped by Chisora or a bigger, powerful guy stopped twice by Thompson... (Price instead of Scott if this was too happen).

Comment

Whoever lands first.

If they fought now, probably Wilder-

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            Wilder by clear decision with 89 total KD's
            Price's silly chicken dance or Wilder's noodle legs...Not sure either of these guys would be getting up even once if they got dropped.

Comment

It's WOLF--whichever one lands first.

Wilder will land first. Faster hands, more effective aggressor, and better reflexes than Price. David couldn't get out of the way of Thompson's punches, and Thompson is slower than Wilder.

Comment

Agree, whoever lands first.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                  A good old-fashioned UK v USA matchup, who wins this one and why? Both heavy handed KO artists with major flaws. Price has the slight height advantage and weighs in heavier but Wilder has the advantage in athleticism, speed and possibly a slight one in power but that's pretty equal. Both have crap chins and questionable stamina. Both won Bronze in their respected weight classes at the same Olympic games.

Who wins and how/why?

Bear in mind Price would likely also achieve a similar record to Wilder if he had not stepped up early v Thompson (who let's not forget has fought Wlad and Pulev in the last 2 years, so at least Price had a go v top competition and came up short mainly by somewhat beating himself.

Discuss and vote in the poll

Please actually think about your votes in boxing terms, don't make it a political vote!

WILDER!

PRICE!
                  Price a little more polished thaan Wilder. I go with Price now. Wonder how I will see it after Wilder vs Scott

Comment

One has no chin, the other no legs.....who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X