Collapse
No announcement yet.

high street fashion chain puts black child in a monkey hoodie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we'll need a poll to settle this motha****in quandary once and for all.. Who is indeed the coolest monkey in the jungle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
      I think we'll need a poll to settle this motha****in quandary once and for all.. Who is indeed the coolest monkey in the jungle.
      deez my dude

you def top 5

id probably crack the top 20

Comment

• Don't think it's racist tbh. You can see it as racism and I can see why but the term monkey is universal when it refers to kids. ****, even hispanics use "mi chango" or my monkey in English as a term of endearment towards their children. Would of been best to use to a different kid to avoid all of this? Maybe but maybe they didn't even think about it. PC p*ssies would of course take everything up the ass and get offended by it. I don't think a multi-million dollar is this stupid to blatantly sell anti-black shirts on their website. Misunderstanding is what I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
          Alex Medina, who works in brand design, said it was negligent to place a black child in a top with such a slogan, while white children wore others.

He tweeted: "In the year 2018 there's no way brands/art directors can be this negligent and lack awareness. If look at other sweaters in same category they have white kids. We have to do better."

''boy, ill give you to the count of 3 to put this hoodie on !!!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
            Don't think it's racist tbh. You can see it as racism and I can see why but the term monkey is universal when it refers to kids. ****, even hispanics use "mi chango" or my monkey in English as a term of endearment towards their children. Would of been best to use to a different kid to avoid all of this? Maybe but maybe they didn't even think about it. PC p*ssies would of course take everything up the ass and get offended by it. I don't think a multi-million dollar is this stupid to blatantly sell anti-black shirts on their website. Misunderstanding is what I see.
            Your context issza kray kray...and that's not how people rationalize.

If a man or a stranger calls another man's kid a monkey with a straight face, expect that dude to get punched. Calling your child a monkey will have its own subjective reasoning, be it he's wild or hyper which can be seen as cute.... yet that's all personal from the parent.

What are you even saying "anti-black shirts?" That's an oxymoron to the controversy... you meant to say, in theory, a subliminally pro racial joke which is the mystery behind that...the executives at H&M wouldn't plan that....that came from the group responsible for collections and media

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              deez my dude

you def top 5

id probably crack the top 20
              Elroy, Deez, Wank, Z and me be rockin that top five homie.

Monkeys fa life!

(Honorary shout out to homey Mike D as well, on hiatus but far from forgotten)

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                Elroy, Deez, Wank, Z and me be rockin that top five homie.

Monkeys fa life!

(Honorary shout out to homey Mike D as well, on hiatus but far from forgotten)
                im not worthy

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  im not worthy
                  Enjoy your accolades, bruvva.

You've earned them ten fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                    Lighten up?? Im sorry i dont find racism on either side funny at all..Not sure why ya'll act like its cool
                    one can say your sig is racist/stereotypical....

true/false

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      Enjoy your accolades, bruvva.

You've earned them ten fold.
                      outside looking in...waiting for the invite

Comment

Working...
                      X