No announcement yet.

Another dude shot by a cop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Ok, but out of the millions of cops, 78% equated a weapon with being black, while equating 0% with being white. That same study said that of those millions of cops, 3/4 are likely to shoot an unarmed black suspect than they are to shoot an unarmed white suspect.

But you're saying, it goes both ways? You're not very bright are you?
    You're talking about a damn poll study.

How many of those cops actually shot anyone? Let alone a black man?

1%? If that?

Like u said most black Americans aren't criminals.

Well most cops ain't racist killers either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      The cop screwed up.

But either way pretty sure he'd be panicked and anxious even if the shooting was justified.

Most cops rarely shoot at anyone, let alone wound or kill anyone.

Most ppl would be panicked or anxious after a shooting. Unless you're a hardcore psychopath.
      True. That's a good point. I think this could have been easily avoided though if the cop and the driver had better communication. The cop mentioned that the "driver kept reaching for it 4 times" probably thinking it was a gun. The driver could have told him that he was only reaching for his wallet and the gun could be in the glove compartment or something. Or, the cop could have asked the driver to come out of the car and pat him down instead.

Anyway, a major screw up. IMO, the cop made a huge mistake which unfortunately cost the driver his life. I don't believe the cop shot the guy just for being black.

Comment

• Originally posted by 887
        You either with us or against us mutha****a which side is you on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I ride for myself.

I'm on my own damn side.

Never got shot by a cop so I ain't got no complaints.

Got beat up by a cop once but no damage. No harm no foul. Don't care.

Comment

• What does it matter that he told the cop he had a concealed weapon permit? He could have been lying.

The guy had a gun, the guy reached and got shot. His own damn fault.

Comment

Please stfu about white collar crime.
            No
            Cops ain't shooting mofos because they think they write bad checks.
            Yeah, 1.7 trillion dollars of bad checks. Hmmmm, that makes sense to an ignoramus

This topic is about cops killing blacks more. Pct wise anyway, because majority of ppl killed by cops is white
            Blacks make up 12.4 percent of the country — and more than twice as much of the population of those shot by the police.

black people were twice as likely to face use of force by law enforcement than are white people. When the encounter with the officer was a traffic stop, blacks experienced a threat of or use of force 2.5 percent of the time — compared to 0.8 percent for whites.

When the driver and officer were of a different race, the rate was more than twice as high, occurring in 2 percent of incidents.

A study released earlier this year found that white police officers were a third as likely to shoot unarmed black suspects than white ones. But that same research found that 78 percent of white officers taking an implicit bias test associated black people with weapons — vs. zero percent who made the same association with whites.
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 07-07-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

You're talking about a damn poll study.
              So previously you want to use stats when you're making a point, now you no longer want to use stats. Got it

Comment

The cop screwed up.

But either way pretty sure he'd be panicked and anxious even if the shooting was justified.

Most cops rarely shoot at anyone, let alone wound or kill anyone.

Most ppl would be panicked or anxious after a shooting. Unless you're a hardcore psychopath.
                Hanlon's Razor - Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                  True. That's a good point. I think this could have been easily avoided though if the cop and the driver had better communication. The cop mentioned that the "driver kept reaching for it 4 times" probably thinking it was a gun. The driver could have told him that he was only reaching for his wallet and the gun could be in the glove compartment or something. Or, the cop could have asked the driver to come out of the car and pat him down instead.

Anyway, a major screw up. IMO, the cop made a huge mistake which unfortunately cost the driver his life. I don't believe the cop shot the guy just for being black.
                  You just gotta be careful with cops especially when they have their guns out.

Everytime a cop has pointed a gun or even just held their gun, I freeze.

I don't even try to run to escape.

Rather go to jail than get shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    Hanlon's Razor - Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice
                    He screwed up. Simple as that.

Even the most racist cop ain't gonna risk jail or getting fired to kill a person.

Comment

You just gotta be careful with cops especially when they have their guns out.

Everytime a cop has pointed a gun or even just held their gun, I freeze.

I don't even try to run to escape.

Rather go to jail than get shot.
                      Exactly.

This guy had a gun and decided to start reaching for ****. 99% of cops would have shot him because that's what they are trained to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X