Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2019, 05:33 PM #11
DaNeutral. DaNeutral. is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4,112
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
DaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 87,524.24
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 88,985.14
Always defending Eddie Hearn like you're his lover - "red You love Eddie's cock in your mouth and arse - "red 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchegiano View Post
Talking about the very public twitter campaign Martin went on to get Joshua in the ring.
LOL. I dont remember that. Im not even sure what your trying to get at. Are you saying martin had to call AJ out to get a fight? You saying Joshua was ducking?
DaNeutral. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:36 PM #12
ShaneMosleySr ShaneMosleySr is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,017
Quoted: 2232 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
ShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 123,449.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 123,449.62
Default

Because Joshua is the bigger draw, which makes the fight bigger, which means both sides should be compensated more.

Multiple media outlets are reporting Ortiz will make more than he was offered to fight Joshua.

If Ortiz is getting $7 million to fight Wilder, Joshua didn’t offer fair market value.

I hate Joshua fans because they ignore all logic to defend their guy because they love him. My argument is logical, so of course it’s a problem for Joshua fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeutral. View Post
Why should he? And im not believing he is making more than Joshua offered him and if he is then it is way above market value. Just cuz Fox or uncle Al found some extra money to better DAZN, not that i believe it, that doesnt make either theirs nor the Joshua offer market value.

But i think you already know your argument here is BS. Your just hating cuz you hate joshua fans or something
ShaneMosleySr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:45 PM #13
Cobra Curry Cobra Curry is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 539
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Cobra Curry is just really niceCobra Curry is just really niceCobra Curry is just really niceCobra Curry is just really niceCobra Curry is just really nice
Points: 18,423.22
Bank: 1,622.21
Total Points: 20,045.43
Default

Does any marquee fighter pay what's "fair"? Genuine question.
Cobra Curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:38 PM #14
Marchegiano Marchegiano is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,027
Quoted: 1613 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,444.60
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 64,800.19
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeutral. View Post
LOL. I dont remember that. Im not even sure what your trying to get at. Are you saying martin had to call AJ out to get a fight? You saying Joshua was ducking?
I called it accusations because that's all they are.

I'm getting at Joshu's team having been accused of shortchanging potential opponents since the Martin fight at least.

I wouldn't say Josh was ducking Martin, but, Charles did call Anthony out, yes.

Joshua was set to face Takam for the IBF elim. Martin was fine off the back of the Glaz...I guess we call it a fight(?)...and wanted to get right back in the ring.

Wilder and Fury were tied up so Martin called out Joshua and told him to skip the Takam fight and come straight to the title.

Hearn said Joshua's not ready to be champion.

Martin made fun of Joshua for being scared.

Wilder said he'd fight Martin asap.

Negotiations were announced between Martin and Joshua.

Martin complained they were underpaying.

Hearn complained about overpaying.

They all stopped *****ing.

Joshua clobbered Martin....end of story.

So, like I said, all there is, is accusations. I'm not sure how twitter works but I'm sure if you search Martin calls out Joshua you'll pick up the story from somewhere.

As for my point, I was hoping Shane would do my work for me and research how long Joshua has been accused of underpaying.



It's crazy to me how everytime I mention Martin calling out Joshua someone acts like that never happened. Just search for it.
Marchegiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:11 PM #15
daggum daggum is online now
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,750
Quoted: 9229 Post(s)
Rep Power: 116
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 104,592.26
Bank: 1,475.33
Total Points: 106,067.59
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 
funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 Sarcasm called. They asked me how you do it. I hung up. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !a! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
Wilder originally was offered $12.5 million to fight Joshua. He said no. He made more to fight Dominic Brezeale and he’s making more to fight a rematch with Luis Ortiz. (He was offered $40 million later by DAZN but wasn’t told how much Joshua would make.)

Luis Ortiz was offered $6 million to fight Joshua. He’s making $7 million to fight a rematch with Wilder.

Dillian Whyte said no to a $4 million offer to fight Joshua. He then watched as Jarrell Miller, Luis Ortiz and Andy Ruiz were offered significantly more money, despite the fact that Joshua-Whyte 2 is a much bigger fight in the UK than any of those fights would be anywhere.

Eddie Hearn claimed he offered Tyson Fury a 60-40 split which Fury rejected. Frank Warren said the offer was nowhere near 60-40.

Andy Ruiz held out on his rematch with Joshua because the purse was too low and received more money.
how can you combine 2 separate points in history and pretend they are the same? the 12.5 was made when wilder was making 1 million. hardly a bad offer. then he was offered 40 and he's still only making 20 so what is your point again? the whole reason wilders pay jumped is because of the offers! without them why would haymon overpay wilder so much? you aren't looking at the context as to why wilders pay has jumped. its because haymon wants him to stay with pbc so bad and even haymon couldn't get wilder that 100 million over 3 fights. hes at 40 million for 2. 60 million for his next one? seems unlikely.
daggum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:11 PM #16
Toffee Toffee is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,464
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
Toffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud of
Points: 35,731.23
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 37,128.00
I must defend Eddie LMAO - "red This is Eddie Hearns cock. You love it you slag. - "red 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post

If Ortiz is getting $7 million to fight Wilder, Joshua didn’t offer fair market value.
If Ortiz is getting $7M, why do you think that is?

It's not because that is 'market value'. The market isn't there to support paying a guy like Ortiz $7M.

It's because Joshua offered a similar amount. They're offering above market for these fighters. Now Haymon is doing the same.

Don't think $6M or $7M was fair? How anyone could call it 'lowball' is beyond me.
Toffee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:16 PM #17
daggum daggum is online now
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,750
Quoted: 9229 Post(s)
Rep Power: 116
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 104,592.26
Bank: 1,475.33
Total Points: 106,067.59
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 
funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 Sarcasm called. They asked me how you do it. I hung up. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !a! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
Because Joshua is the bigger draw, which makes the fight bigger, which means both sides should be compensated more.

Multiple media outlets are reporting Ortiz will make more than he was offered to fight Joshua.

If Ortiz is getting $7 million to fight Wilder, Joshua didn’t offer fair market value.

I hate Joshua fans because they ignore all logic to defend their guy because they love him. My argument is logical, so of course it’s a problem for Joshua fans.
huh? you are looking at it completely backwards my friend. the reason hes getting 7 million is because that was joshuas offer. haymon matched it so ortiz stayed with pbc. you are making it more difficult than it needs to be. without joshua's offer ortiz never gets that much. this has nothing to do with value. these are all power plays between competing networks.
daggum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:23 PM #18
YoungManRumble YoungManRumble is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,239
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
YoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud ofYoungManRumble has much to be proud of
Points: 7,279.13
Bank: 4,586.45
Total Points: 11,865.58
Default

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.


[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
YoungManRumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:24 PM #19
ShaneMosleySr ShaneMosleySr is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,017
Quoted: 2232 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
ShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 123,449.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 123,449.62
Default

Canelo and Joshua sure don’t. Wilder, GGG and Pacquiao seem too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Curry View Post
Does any marquee fighter pay what's "fair"? Genuine question.
ShaneMosleySr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:25 PM #20
ShaneMosleySr ShaneMosleySr is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,017
Quoted: 2232 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
ShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 123,449.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 123,449.62
Default

I didn’t look back that far because I always heard Martin was overplayed. I also don’t remember there being issues with negotiations for Klitschko, nor do I remember Takam, Parker and Povetkin complaining about pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchegiano View Post
I called it accusations because that's all they are.

I'm getting at Joshu's team having been accused of shortchanging potential opponents since the Martin fight at least.

I wouldn't say Josh was ducking Martin, but, Charles did call Anthony out, yes.

Joshua was set to face Takam for the IBF elim. Martin was fine off the back of the Glaz...I guess we call it a fight(?)...and wanted to get right back in the ring.

Wilder and Fury were tied up so Martin called out Joshua and told him to skip the Takam fight and come straight to the title.

Hearn said Joshua's not ready to be champion.

Martin made fun of Joshua for being scared.

Wilder said he'd fight Martin asap.

Negotiations were announced between Martin and Joshua.

Martin complained they were underpaying.

Hearn complained about overpaying.

They all stopped *****ing.

Joshua clobbered Martin....end of story.

So, like I said, all there is, is accusations. I'm not sure how twitter works but I'm sure if you search Martin calls out Joshua you'll pick up the story from somewhere.

As for my point, I was hoping Shane would do my work for me and research how long Joshua has been accused of underpaying.



It's crazy to me how everytime I mention Martin calling out Joshua someone acts like that never happened. Just search for it.
ShaneMosleySr is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.