No announcement yet.

Jack Dempsey vs Michael Spinks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    We both know why you have gone from attempting to argue with me to pretending you won't read anything else

Oh, but a link to fights that back up my claims? Have at it.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ja...Lester_Johnson

Dismissed, until you come back and let me know what you've learned, clown boy.

Yeah, dumb ass, you're so right.

Have you even read the link you posted? Can you even read? Sometimes I think you're a special needs fat chick who has her nurse post for her.

You haven't proven ****. the link you posted shows how spurious any information about the bout really is. As the old saying goes, "the faintest ink survives longer than the strongest memory". Even the newspapers of the day couldn't agree on the fight, let alone Dempsey's recollection of the day he met a valued sparring partner.

Dempsey would go on to lose to Meehan. Does that mean he also feared swollen Middleweights?

You can show me a single reel of a black fighter pre-Ali who could dependably beat Dempsey. But you feel comfortable resting your reputation on a BoxRec article that discredits you...

This is why I am a fan of saline abortions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post

Yeah, dumb ass, you're so right.

Have you even read the link you posted? Can you even read? Sometimes I think you're a special needs fat chick who has her nurse post for her.

You haven't proven ****. the link you posted shows how spurious any information about the bout really is. As the old saying goes, "the faintest ink survives longer than the strongest memory". Even the newspapers of the day couldn't agree on the fight, let alone Dempsey's recollection of the day he met a valued sparring partner.

Dempsey would go on to lose to Meehan. Does that mean he also feared swollen Middleweights?

You can show me a single reel of a black fighter pre-Ali who could dependably beat Dempsey. But you feel comfortable resting your reputation on a BoxRec article that discredits you...

This is why I am a fan of saline abortions.

Do you actually have a point, you moron?

Dempsey himself said he thought he lost the fight. Oh, that's right. You're saying he lied......just because.

You dudes are really pathetic. Go play in traffic, kid. You're far too emotional...or maybe just too stupid.

How the fvvck does the article discredit me when it posts multiple sources that say Demsey came out behind, and has Dempsey himself saying he lost.

You, my friend, are a moron

Here's some facts for you.

1. Dempsey admit to being scared shltless of Sam Langford.
      2. When Dempsey found out he was matched with Joe Jeannette for a war benefit, he backed out and claimed he would fight TWO white men instead of Jeannette. When two white men stepped up, he tucked his tail and left the ring instead of face Jeannette.
      3. Dempsey claims to have wanted to fight Harry Wills since 1919 but broke a contract to fight him and instead only wanted to fight him in court.

Sorry. Your boy obviously didn't even believe in himself as much as you did
      Last edited by travestyny; 05-07-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Do you actually have a point, you moron?

Dempsey himself said he thought he lost the fight. Oh, that's right. You're saying he lied......just because.

You dudes are really pathetic. Go play in traffic, kid. You're far too emotional...or maybe just too stupid.

How the fvvck does the article discredit me when it posts multiple sources that say Demsey came out behind, and has Dempsey himself saying he lost.

You, my friend, are a moron
        you don't have friends.

but you do have countless folks dedicated to trolling you in this forum. :3some:

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          you don't have friends.

but you do have countless folks dedicated to trolling you in this forum. :3some:
          Your insults do nothing, son.

It's just another way for you to make it clear that you have no comeback for the facts that I've mentioned.

So tell me. Did Dempsey break a contract to fight Wills? Did he run away from Joe Jeannette in New York City? Did he turn down a fight with Langford after admitting he was afraid of him?

Answer the questions, son. Answer the questions. And when your tears fill the thread, know I'll be laughing

Comment

them-apples incorrect. As his fitness guru Mackie Shilstone explained, bulking Spinks was easy (and with clean food NOT cb's) because 1) his walk around weight by that age was over 185, 2) he lifted weights, and 3) at almost 30 he was naturally thickening. In contrast, Bob Foster didn't have the genetics or method to bulk (he mostly relied on drinking beer!). Mike shined in a boxing match, not a street brawl, and most likely a modern Dempsey bulked to 200 himself blitzes through him a la Tyson. Jack was 6'1 and with his frame could easily have put a dozen pounds where needed (his legs and upper torso) but his arms and shoulders already very buffed. I shook hands and spoke with Jack at his restaurant in the winter of '74 shortly before my NYC GG's bout at the Felt Forum. He said "Good luck, son."
            Last edited by drmbowen; 12-17-2022, 11:21 PM.
            Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Spinks, Dempsey's an overrated duck

Comment

Working...
              X