Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AG Jeff Sessions Directs Prosecutors to Investigate Uranium One and Hillary Clinton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Sessions on Tuesday said there was “not enough basis” to appoint a special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton, a day after reports surfaced that the attorney general had authorized senior prosecutors at the Department of Justice to evaluate an inquiry into the Clinton Foundation.

Testifying before the House judiciary committee, Sessions also appeared to push back on Donald Trump’s repeated insistence that the FBI should focus on investigating Clinton as opposed to potential collusion between his own presidential campaign and Russia.

“The Department of Justice can never be used to retaliate politically against opponents. That would be wrong,” Sessions said when asked about Trump’s tweets calling on the DoJ to investigate his former rival in the 2016 presidential race.
    Trump is not going to be happy about this.

Comment

Originally posted by THREAD-KILLER View Post
      Yeah, but as I said in another thread:

The Democrats are looking for Sessions's scalp, so they may succeed in getting Sessions removed and Trump can name his successor.

Comment

Originally posted by THREAD-KILLER View Post
        You miss-quoted the context of his statement. I wouldn't get too excited yet..I'm not sure that he has said anything contrary to the original post today. I think he's just treading carefully and covering his ass.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...illary-clinton

Sessions said appointing a separate special counsel to investigate Clinton would require “a factual basis”.

In a heated exchange with Jim Jordan, a Republican congressman from Ohio who asked what it would take to appoint a special counsel to investigate allegations against Clinton, Sessions said: “We will use the proper standards, and that’s the only thing I can tell you.

“You can have your idea, but sometimes we have to study what the facts are, and to evaluate whether it meets the standards it requires.”

A fiery Jordan continued to allege misconduct by Clinton. Citing additional reports that her campaign and the Democratic National Committee funded the Fusion GPS dossier into Trump’s ties to Russia, Jordan maintained it “looks like” there was enough evidence to warrant naming a second special counsel.

Sessions tersely responded: “I would say ‘looks like’ is not enough basis to appoint a special counsel.

Sessions later sought to clarify his comments, stating: “I did not mean to suggest I was talking a side one way or the other on that subject.

A justice department spokesman also said Sessions was not taking a position on the merits of a special counsel against Clinton, but rather that he was explaining the process.

“The attorney general was clarifying the legal basis for appointing special counsel, not passing judgment on whether it applied in any specific investigation,” Ian Prior, a spokesman for Sessions, told the Guardian.

I think we will have to wait and see. I wouldn't rule anything out based on what you have quoted.

Comment

Prosecutors ask FBI agents for info on Uranium One deal

Soooo....now this

Prosecutors ask FBI agents for info on Uranium One deal

On the orders of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Justice Department prosecutors have begun asking FBI agents to explain the evidence they found in a now dormant criminal investigation into a controversial uranium deal that critics have linked to Bill and Hillary Clinton, multiple law enforcement officials told NBC News.

The interviews with FBI agents are part of the Justice Department's effort to fulfill a promise an assistant attorney general made to Congress last month to examine whether a special counsel was warranted to look into what has become known as the Uranium One deal, a senior Justice Department official said.

read more here

Comment

The Official Uranium One DOJ Investigation Thread

The DOJ has handed down its first indictment in the Uranium One scandal that took place under Obama's tenure as President and while Hilary Clinton was Secretary of State.

I'll post a news report when one becomes available but for now, I give you the official documents from the DOJ.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/forme...elated-foreign.

Comment

Vlad_ GhostofDempsey Here you go

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                The DOJ has handed down its first indictment in the Uranium One scandal that took place under Obama's tenure as President and while Hilary Clinton was Secretary of State.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/forme...elated-foreign.
                Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra
                You say this investigation is going nowhere but it's a lot further along than the Hillary investigation which has borne no indictments or guilty pleas.
                Lmfao!!!

MCC was demanding this thread be bumped, but he didn't first go catch himself up on the facts of it!

For someone who plays Gotcha! so much, you'd think he'd be somewhat good at it.
                Last edited by 1bad65; 01-17-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X