Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocolatito lack of proper training for last fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    His build isn't as good as it used to be and that's obvious by the pictures you put up. When they showed him warming up before the fight he seemed to have no passion at all. He sure didn't act like a boxer who couldn't wait to get in the ring and fight the best fight of his life. Something in his life must have been troubling him for him to fight so poorly and show so little enthusiasm before the fight. This doesn't take away the great fight by the champion from Thailand. He was a bomb throwing monster who came to win by KO.
    He is coming off a brutal beating. 9 of his last 10 fights have required travel to the US and Japan which affects your body. He has also made a good bit of money since the HBO deal, which may have affected his motivation.

And, as you pointed out, his opponent came in with a huge chip on his shoulder because people doubted his win before.

Maybe his priorities have changed.

Comment

Gonzalez weighs around the same as Rigondeaux does on fight night. But Gonzalez too small for 115.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Gonzalez weighs around the same as Rigondeaux does on fight night. But Gonzalez too small for 115.
        Why everything has to be black or white with you?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          His build isn't as good as it used to be and that's obvious by the pictures you put up. When they showed him warming up before the fight he seemed to have no passion at all. He sure didn't act like a boxer who couldn't wait to get in the ring and fight the best fight of his life. Something in his life must have been troubling him for him to fight so poorly and show so little enthusiasm before the fight. This doesn't take away the great fight by the champion from Thailand. He was a bomb throwing monster who came to win by KO.
          because he knew he was gonna get that work. why would he be excited to receive an ass whooping lol.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Why everything has to be black or white with you?
            WTF are you talking about? Lame excuses are lame excuses.

Comment

Wasn't he like 125lb on fight night? Too small though?
              You create your own posts and then answer yourself and that's how you derail a thread?

We're not talking here about him being to small... but that his body looked like he barely trained at all.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                You create your own posts and then answer yourself and that's how you derail a thread?

We're not talking here about him being to small... but that his body looked like he barely trained at all.
                They aren't?

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                Yup, Super Fly just wasn't for him. People forget his first 28 fights were at Minimumweightt. 112 was his ceiling IMO.
                Originally posted by True That View Post
                Yup......Agreed

Comment

I guess he didn't train for Cuadras either?

Comment

Comment

I guess he didn't train for Cuadras either?

Man that body is not the body of a boxer. WTF is that. He barely beat Cuadras, so it wasn't a good fight for him either. Maybe he lost motivation. I'm not making any excuses for him, I just watched him fight his last three fights and I couldn't care less about him. He's not in my list of favourites fighters, I'm just saying that he looks untrained.

Comment

Working...
                      X