No announcement yet.

..WHO TOOK IT SERIES: Nas/Jay-Z...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
    American Gangster was a strong album but I think people have their minds made up that Jay-Z is done.
    he just fell off. when you get to the top nowhere to go but down.

Comment

Ether lost any credibility as a song when Nas chirped in with the incredibly daft line "Gay-Z and Cockafella Records wanted beef." The Nas I know and love is capable of so much better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
        You're kidding right?

H to the Omo even overshadowed Takeover. Jay made a mistake attacking Nas thinking he'll be the King of New York.
        Not in the slightest. It is kind of ironic though because after their respective songs Jay Z did indeed go on to takeover rap whereas most of Nas' efforts conflated into the ether. In fact, it wasn't until Nas hooked back up with Jigga Man that he had anything worth listening to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
          Not in the slightest. It is kind of ironic though because after their respective songs Jay Z did indeed go on to takeover rap whereas most of Nas' efforts conflated into the ether. In fact, it wasn't until Nas hooked back up with Jigga Man that he had anything worth listening to.
          That's not true at all. Stillmatic was a good solid album. aswell as Gods Son & Streets Disciple. He just isn't as mainstream as Jay. He never has been and seems like he never wanted to be.

And...

At the time Nas never claimed anything about being the best or taking over anything. He simply responded to Jay and blew him out of the water with Ether.

Comment

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the Blue Print II song . To me that was better then the Takeover by far . I am a nas fan by far but Jay kicks some knowledge on the whole thing

"But you can't give cred to anything dude says
            Same dude to give you ice and you owe him some head
            (Shortyyyy!) It's time to wake up the dead
            You sound a little naive in them articles that I read"

"Who you know flow vicious as me?
            Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov
            I get the spoils cause the victor is me (me, *****)
            You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
            The street dreamin, all y'all *****s living through me
            I gave you life when *****s was forgetting you emcee"

I like em both but you cant leave Jay out of it , " for i will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me" !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
              That's not true at all. Stillmatic was a good solid album. aswell as Gods Son & Streets Disciple. He just isn't as mainstream as Jay. He never has been and seems like he never wanted to be.

And...

At the time Nas never claimed anything about being the best or taking over anything. He simply responded to Jay and blew him out of the water with Ether.
              Stillmatic is excellent, God's Son and Street Disciple are not. Mainstream has got nothing to do with it and it is a term that annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
                he just fell off. when you get to the top nowhere to go but down.
                I disagree, I honestly do. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do agree that his stuff now is not what it was in 2001-2003. But I don't think he fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER ZAB FAN View Post
                  I am suprised nobody has mentioned the Blue Print II song . To me that was better then the Takeover by far . I am a nas fan by far but Jay kicks some knowledge on the whole thing

"But you can't give cred to anything dude says
                  Same dude to give you ice and you owe him some head
                  (Shortyyyy!) It's time to wake up the dead
                  You sound a little naive in them articles that I read"

"Who you know flow vicious as me?
                  Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov
                  I get the spoils cause the victor is me (me, *****)
                  You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
                  The street dreamin, all y'all *****s living through me
                  I gave you life when *****s was forgetting you emcee"

I like em both but you cant leave Jay out of it , " for i will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me" !!!!
                  LOL. Nas won but how about when Jay said, "I'm big dawg Glen Rob, listen god you a flea and you little homie jungle is a garden to me." that **** makes me laugh everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                    LOL. Nas won but how about when Jay said, "I'm big dawg Glen Rob, listen god you a flea and you little homie jungle is a garden to me." that **** makes me laugh everytime.
                    Yeah between the lyrics and the production the song made a strong case with jay .

Another song that alot of people aint mention was SUPER UGLY !!!!!

That sh** was so Raw they had to take it off the radio when Jay-z moms told him that it went to far .

Me and tha boy A.I. got more in Common than just ballin and rhymin
                    Get It?
                    More in Carmen
                    I came in ya Bentley backseat
                    Skeeted in Jeep
                    Left condoms in tha baby seat"

"And since you infatuated with sayin tha gay ****
                    Yes u was kissin my dic* when u was kissin that bit**"

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
                      Stillmatic is excellent, God's Son and Street Disciple are not. Mainstream has got nothing to do with it and it is a term that annoys me.
                      God Son was a great album. Dance, Get Down, Heaven, Made You Look, I Can, Revolutionary Warefare and i'm pretty sure i'm missing some more class tracks. Not as good as Stillmatic....probably his 4th best.

Street Disciple was a dissapointment.....if he had condensed it into one disc, **** would have been hot. Far too much filler, but has a few stand-out tracks.

Comment

Working...
                      X