Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather Has Never Faced This Much Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    Like against Maidana??
    If you think this is the same youre an idiot , you think Floyd could get up for Maidana like for Manny , thats just on the mental side , on the fight side Manny must have room to punch and that gives Mayweather punching room , its all in the distance anybody can just charge this fight is nothing like Maidana as you will see .

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
      Yes he has. Zab Judah was fast when he faced him.
      What good is all the speed Zab has (had) if he doesn't throw any punches? Gun shy Zab. Always has been.

Comment

I wonder why they aren't letting him inspect floyd's gloves...

Comment

I agree.

It's everything, foot speed and hand speed, offensive arsenal, stamina, Counter punching, list goes on.

It's going to be a great fight.

Comment

first thing roach said that makes some sense.

Comment

Manny has all the attributes that Floyd has struggled against. .except the jab.

Not having a jab will cost Manny because he will have to close the distance by lunging...and this is how Floyd leaping left hook will deck him..

Comment

Originally posted by elishua F View Post
                Manny has all the attributes that Floyd has struggled against. .except the jab.

Not having a jab will cost Manny because he will have to close the distance by lunging...and this is how Floyd leaping left hook will deck him..
                He's so unorthodox and squirrly that he has never needed his jab. For Pacquiao to use a jab would only make him vulnerable right as his trying to open up a combination. With guys who are dangerous he is always sliding under his opponents jab and ready to throw an assortment of right hooks and left hands to the face and body

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  Yes he has. Zab Judah was fast when he faced him.
                  I thought the same thing when I read the title. Zab was lightning fast from A to B. He just couldn't throw a combination to save his life, let alone his career.

Comment

And it will matter very little if he can't get in scoring range. Ppl don't realize crucial that is for Pac's game plan. Pac u as to find a way to be in a position to accurately score against a guy who knows how to fight long and tall+has excellent counters+has excellent timing+pls has excellent defense. If he can pull it off, more power to him. But ppl assuming it will be all about speed...dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      And it will matter very little if he can't get in scoring range. Ppl don't realize crucial that is for Pac's game plan. Pac u as to find a way to be in a position to accurately score against a guy who knows how to fight long and tall+has excellent counters+has excellent timing+pls has excellent defense. If he can pull it off, more power to him. But ppl assuming it will be all about speed...dead wrong.
                      Truth. But Pac has the best legs in boxing (when they aren't cramping). So getting to Mayweather won't be that hard. May isn't a "jump back" fighter. He goes into that Philly shell and uses head/waist movement but he doesn't run from fighters who know how to cut the ring off (Canelo didn't. Manny does).

I really think Mayweather will walk him down. Manny won't have trouble finding Floyd because Floyd will come to him. I don't know who that favors more at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X