Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Shinsuke Yamanaka, Carlos Carlson Ready For War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Shinsuke Yamanaka, Carlos Carlson Ready For War

ORANGE, Calif. - Carlos "Memin" Carlson (22-1, 13 KOs) and reigning WBC Bantamweight Champion Shinsuke Yamanaka (26-0-2, 18 KOs) both made weight at Wednesday's weigh in in Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Completely missed Yamanaka was fighting tomorrow. Trash defence though but Yama is cracking in full flight.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
      Completely missed Yamanaka was fighting tomorrow. Trash defence though but Yama is cracking in full flight.
      YAMA is a beast! Best bantamweight. His scraps against Moreno were great.

Good to see another Yama fan on b'scene! The Japanese boxing scene is obscured by larger markets, but they hold their own with champions in lower weight classes.

I've yet to see a Japanese, or Korean boxer without a good chin, and heart for days.

You're right his defense could use a lot of work, but his offensive prowess is great - he puts together some beautiful combinations off the jab.

He deserves a light, soft-touch fight after his WARS with Moreno.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
          YAMA is a beast! Best bantamweight. His scraps against Moreno were great.

Good to see another Yama fan on b'scene! The Japanese boxing scene is obscured by larger markets, but they hold their own with champions in lower weight classes.

I've yet to see a Japanese, or Korean boxer without a good chin, and heart for days.

You're right his defense could use a lot of work, but his offensive prowess is great - he puts together some beautiful combinations off the jab.

He deserves a light, soft-touch fight after his WARS with Moreno.
          Ya dude big fan of Japanese boxing!! His offense is incredible but too often he leans far too much on his straight left. He has as you say a very good jab and showed on occasion a very good right uppercut against I think Vic Darch but he limits himself to that straight left and against guys like Moreno in the first fight they will figure that out very quickly. Yes he does deserve a soft touch but at the same time we are robbed then of watching these guys in their prime against fellow elite fighters. My favourite Japanese fighter was Nishioka and even though he came to the US for Marquez and Mexico for Gonzalez it was such a shame to see his biggest fight being again Nonito and putting such a limited performance as he was way past his sell by!!

Comment

Yamanaka just knockout his opponent KO round 7.

Last edited by Outworn; 03-02-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X