Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should there be a rule for p4p top 10 boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should there be a rule for p4p top 10 boxers?

That they have to fight other p4p fighters who are in their division atleast once a year, and or fight the other champions in their divisions in order to remain on the list?

Do you think this would force better fights and make boxers EARN AND MAINTAIN their positions on the list?

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    That they have to fight other p4p fighters who are in their division atleast once a year, and or fight the other champions in their divisions in order to remain on the list?

Do you think this would force better fights and make boxers EARN AND MAINTAIN their positions on the list?
    Belt holders should have mandatory unifications with other champions. I think p4p is way too hard since it's subjective with every organization.

Comment

First off I think the whole concept of P4P is pretty bs & scifi level speculative, but yea if you are going to truly grade who's the best the critiques on boxers should be much deeper than it is now.

I've said forever I think a bad performance that you still win just not as well as you should have should drop you in P4P rankings, but it NEVER does. Seems like you gotta lose or at least have a controversial or close decision to drop ever in P4P rankings. Its too cumulative in nature. I think it should be shakier to the point of getting dropped in a fight could get you from #1 to off the list or a guy like Teofimo beating Loma 12-0 flawlessly in his first meaningful fight could shoot him up to #1 P4P.

P4P should be the best guy right now at this moment in history, not the best top guy with the best overall resume who hasn't lost recently today. P4P to me should be like the Most Unbeatable Today List.

Comment

Yea I think this whole ranking system is kinda getting old.and not to mention sometimes it shows favoritism.You know David haye brought up a pretty interesting idea.a boxing tournament type of style.Man can you imagine that.That would certainly get rid of the ducking problem we have in boxing that's for sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post

You’re talking like p4p is some official ranking system.

Comment

yeah..lets make a rule for something subjective and ficticious

Comment

Fighters wouldn't be bothered about not being on the P4P list if they didn't fight in unifications. Some are just too cowardly for that to have any sway. Even huge money and big fights are not enough. If they can turn down big fights for millions, they sure as hell can duck if the only punishment is being taken off a silly list.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                First off I think the whole concept of P4P is pretty bs & scifi level speculative, but yea if you are going to truly grade who's the best the critiques on boxers should be much deeper than it is now.

I've said forever I think a bad performance that you still win just not as well as you should have should drop you in P4P rankings, but it NEVER does. Seems like you gotta lose or at least have a controversial or close decision to drop ever in P4P rankings. Its too cumulative in nature. I think it should be shakier to the point of getting dropped in a fight could get you from #1 to off the list or a guy like Teofimo beating Loma 12-0 flawlessly in his first meaningful fight could shoot him up to #1 P4P.

P4P should be the best guy right now at this moment in history, not the best top guy with the best overall resume who hasn't lost recently today. P4P to me should be like the Most Unbeatable Today List.
                Amazing evaluation and components in this one post. I agree completely. Not complicated either. I do my own best fighters in the world list, without taking weight into account (P4P), or gender. I rank some females higher than some of the best male boxers in the world. Universal P4P is BS. It's brainwashing. It's all personal.

For example, the lightweight division is starving of talent, aside from the prospects. So, let's say Loma beats Lopez and Davis instead of the cans he's now fighting, his dominance as a top fighter wouldn't be questioned for a little while. He's fighting the best near his division.

I don't mean I have Loma anywhere close to #1 best fighter in the world.
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-09-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Is there even an official p4p list?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Is there even an official p4p list?
                    Never has been and can never be, unless you are sheep.

P4P is all subjective and personal list. I prefer some fans' best boxers in the world list, compared to boxing websites' P4P, including Boxingscene, or ranking orgs.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-09-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X