No announcement yet.

Rose Namajunas, awkward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Namajunas, awkward?

Recently there's been talk about how Dana is doing Rose wrong but I feel it's the other way around because she's been so difficult in the past E.G when she was champion and was super inactive and would turn down Las Vegs fights etc for no reason what so ever & went on to be one of the most inactive champions.

Now fast forward and Weili is the champ and they've seemed super fixed on making the fight happen and it just isn't happening. I seen this coming pandemic or no pandemic. Dana claimed that Rose doesn't want to fight for the title, for Pat as per usual to stick his two cents in and claim otherwise.

I just find Rose seriously annoying as she's continuously holding up the division. Opinions?

She did not handle being dumped on her head well

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      She did not handle being dumped on her head well
      That was just one of her many excuses to not fight, it went from a bad neck to PTSD to then turning down a fight with no reason at all other than not liking the venue & now Weili has been sat out for almost a year waiting for Rose to accept the terms of a fight which has gone from Rose not wanting to fight for the title, but as soon as they went to have talks of offering Carla a fight, Pat rushes in and goes she does want to fight & from there it's gone to not being offered enough money to fight. I'm beginning to get irritated by her and her team lol. She's forever holding up the division and it's a new excuse every time.
      Last edited by RossyJames; 01-13-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Call it PTSD if you want, but that bus incident REALLY messed her up.

I said on here after that came out about her, she should retire if it was that bad for her.
        Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 01-13-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I remember watching her interview after she beat Joanna for the title. She was so gracious and very humble, almost too humble to the point of being awkward.

It's hard to pinpoint what her mindset is because it seems like her heart isn't into it, yet she gives it her all and fights like a warrior every time. Maybe lack of ambition? Or maybe she likes fighting but hates the fame and attention? Or maybe she just can't handle the pressure of being on top. Hard to tell.

Comment

I would lick rose bald head

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              I remember watching her interview after she beat Joanna for the title. She was so gracious and very humble, almost too humble to the point of being awkward.

It's hard to pinpoint what her mindset is because it seems like her heart isn't into it, yet she gives it her all and fights like a warrior every time. Maybe lack of ambition? Or maybe she likes fighting but hates the fame and attention? Or maybe she just can't handle the pressure of being on top. Hard to tell.
              I get the vibe where she doesn't want to fight at all but then Pats like no you must fight, you must do this and you must do that. I just hope she doesn't win the title again because it will basically mean a year of it not being defended. As I've said above they should move on and give the title shot to someone else as Rose seems to be taking an entire year to accept it, and what if she wins, another year until she makes a title defense lol.

All in all it's special treatment, I can think of very few fighters that are allowed to be this inactive and difficult when it comes to the title picture.
              Last edited by RossyJames; 01-13-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RossyJames View Post
                That was just one of her many excuses to not fight, it went from a bad neck to PTSD to then turning down a fight with no reason at all other than not liking the venue & now Weili has been sat out for almost a year waiting for Rose to accept the terms of a fight which has gone from Rose not wanting to fight for the title, but as soon as they went to have talks of offering Carla a fight, Pat rushes in and goes she does want to fight & from there it's gone to not being offered enough money to fight. I'm beginning to get irritated by her and her team lol. She's forever holding up the division and it's a new excuse every time.

She’s a warrior but sometimes it seems like she’s split between wanting to walk that path and not.

She might be one of those people who like the fighting or competition and training but not the lifestyle or demands it brings with it as a top level athlete in the public eye with certain “obligations” or pressures.

She reminds me of Diego Sanchez on the other extreme where they’re super spiritual and a little odd and emotional.

Comment

She's got personal sh^t going on beyond MMA. I think that holds her up alot. Fair play to Dana just trying keep it moving doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    She's got personal sh^t going on beyond MMA. I think that holds her up alot. Fair play to Dana just trying keep it moving doe.
                    Dana isn't keeping it moving though, Weili last fought in March and because of Rose she's had to be inactive for almost a year and it will be a year unless they suddenly get a fight inked which doesn't seem to be happening. They've been going back and fourth and Rose keeps on turning fights down. As a last resort he will have to get Carla in but it isn't what he's wanting to do.

But what's annoying is that Dana was talking about doing Zhang vs Esparza and then Pat suddenly rushed in saying Rose does want to fight so then Dana went back to looking at Zhang vs Rose & then they yet again turn down more fights and hit the MMA world with more excuses.

He should just book Esparza and forget about Rose, her 'problems' isn't a reason for the division to be held up. & What's annoying is her teams dishonesty they're always saying one thing and then another.

Comment

Working...
                    X