No announcement yet.

Spence is powerful but hes slow and is no defensive wizard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spence is powerful but hes slow and is no defensive wizard

He reminds me of Marvin Hagler in his style but people are acting like he is a defensive mastermind. Why is this?
    His timing and footwork are good but hes been hit quite a lot from journeymen
    and his handspeed is slow compared to the other WWs

I think hes a good fighter but clearly overhyped right now. And how are people assuming he'd beat Pacquiao? Pacquiao and Algeri are completely different fighters. I see Pacquiao outboxing Spence with his faster footwork and blazing handspeed.

I would be very suprised if the somewhat stationary Spence could really defend against Pacquiaos full arsenal.
    He'd beat GGG tho, southpaw powerhouse wouldnt be able to miss his head
    Last edited by SugarRayCurtain; 04-17-2016, 07:17 AM.

I don't think I've seen a single post from anyone claiming he'd beat Pac or that he's a defensive wizard. Where are you getting that from?

Comment

There aren't any aggressive fighters who are defensive wizards, defensive fighters are defensive wizards.

Comment

I don't think his flaws will be exposed until he moves up.

Comment

His defense is not bad. However, he takes a few punches to mount his own offense. That will have to change when he goes up against other fighters that has KO power.

Comment

He'd lose to Pac but KO Golovkin? YDKSAB

Comment

Absolutely nobody called him a defensive wizard. And how in the world is he slow??

Comment

Who at WW has better defense them him? Just because he doesn't move around the ring or use a shoulder roll doesn't mean he is not defensive.

Lets go through the list

Pac - eats shots
                Broner - eats shots
                Thurman - eats shots
                Porter - eats shots

I would say the list for defensive fighters goes like this, seeing that Floyd is retired.

1.Bradley, can be defensive when he is not trying to prove a point
                2.Brook, good at slipping punches and staying out of range
                3.Spence

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                  Absolutely nobody called him a defensive wizard. And how in the world is he slow??
                  He's not a speed puncher. At all. Algieri shouldn't have gotten caught with that second hook. But it's Algieri.

Khan gets KTFO despite his speed. But Bradley UD's him. And that's not a knock on Spence. It's just style matches.

Comment

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
                    Who at WW has better defense them him? Just because he doesn't move around the ring or use a shoulder roll doesn't mean he is not defensive.

Lets go through the list

Pac - eats shots
                    Broner - eats shots
                    Thurman - eats shots
                    Porter - eats shots

I would say the list for defensive fighters goes like this, seeing that Floyd is retired.

1.Bradley, can be defensive when he is not trying to prove a point
                    2.Brook, good at slipping punches and staying out of range
                    3.Spence
                    Please explain how Bradley and Brook are better defensively than Pacquiao?
                    Bradley for starters gets rocked every other fight, Brook got busted up by Carson Jones in their first fight and even stunned by Senchenko. And Porter landed a fair amount of punches on him too. Jones and Senchenko are C level fighters. Brook has to prove his defence against Elite opposition which he has not.
                    Apart from Morales (1st fight), JMM and Floyd who exactly have landed clean consistently on Pacquiao? Hes hard to hit due to his counterpunching and in and out style.

Comment

Working...
                    X