Who wins: Kovalev vs Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
    Joe by 116 to 111 UD.
    That's hilarious. The fight wouldn't go 12. Kovalev makes Slappy swallow in 4-6. Maybe even 3-rounds.

Comment

4 years later, Kovalev takes him out in 8 or less. He'd steamroll through JC's pitty pat punching. Calzaghe doesn't have the defense or head movement to deal with Kov's jabs and constant shifting.

Comment

Calzaghe probs be too busy for him but Kov is very skilled at taking away opponents jab and movement and has the power equaliser.

I'm like 55-45 in favour of Calzghe.

Comment

kovalev

was never sold on Calzaghe at 175 who made his bones beating clearly shot Jones and past prime great Hopkins

Joe could be dropped but had great recuperative powers

he doesnt have the bodywork to break kov down, nor does he have a great jab to keep Kov honest

he could hope to outpoint him but kov was an underrated boxer too.

Calzaghe may gets stopped in the 6-7th round after being up on the cards

Comment

Such a difficult match. Calzaghe won most his fights with something to spare and Kovalev has pretty much dominated all of his. I'm tempted to say Calzaghe finds a way to win really, really close, but if a fight is so difficult to call usually the safe bet is the guy who's in his weight class. 50/50.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe and easily.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Calzaghe probs be too busy for him but Kov is very skilled at taking away opponents jab and movement and has the power equaliser.

I'm like 55-45 in favour of Calzghe.
                you could say that about any fight. so calz is too busy for everyone in boxing history? how does being busy matter? its about landing punches not throwing them. hopkins beat him with ease since he landed all the clean work. being busy is just a silly way to say well he tried hard....what did he do though? oh nothing but he tried really hard!

Comment

kovalev might have knocked him down but joe always got back up and found a way to win. i'd say joe 116-110 after an early knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    4 years later, Kovalev takes him out in 8 or less. He'd steamroll through JC's pitty pat punching. Calzaghe doesn't have the defense or head movement to deal with Kov's jabs and constant shifting.
                    i want some of what this guy is taking ^

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Such a difficult match. Calzaghe won most his fights with something to spare and Kovalev has pretty much dominated all of his. I'm tempted to say Calzaghe finds a way to win really, really close, but if a fight is so difficult to call usually the safe bet is the guy who's in his weight class. 50/50.
                      something to spare...wat? a lot of people thought he lost to hopkins and reid. i even think the bika fight could be scored for bika. even the kessler fight was pretty close. what a surprise those are some of the best fighters he fought during his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X