Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just reviewing Matthyse-Soto, Matthyse could beat Mayweather and here is why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These dedication threads should be done by D4th only. At least he backs his content and can hide his agenda with little rebuttals here and there
    Last edited by hhs661; 06-26-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Can we stop feeding Mayweather these guys who haven't yet or hardly fought at 147+?
      Yes but Matthyse has proven himself with Soto by stoppage. Also beat Alexander and Judah who are pretty damn good.

Cotto's jab and body work got to Mayweather and slowed him down. He could break Mayweather. He has a lot of power and is relentless.

Comment

I don't know, rock but floyd will find a way to win against mathysee,

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          These dedication threads should be done by D4th only. At least he backs his content and can hide hos agenda with little rebuttals here and there
          There are only two ways to beat Mayweather, one is to KO him, or the other is to break him down. No one will outbox him, and a KO is unlikely, so you have to break him down.

Cotto showed that it can be fairly effective to target his body and also by using your left hand effectively, it can be a success with his Philly shell. Matthyse has power in both hands, and does utilise a jab. Unlike Hatton who hopelessly went for a left hook, or punched and grabbed, Matthyse uses a jab to get close, and when he is in range, he doesn't smoother himself. Cotto and his team worked extremely hard on keeping that 'contact' zone where you are not too far to be outboxed, but not too close to be held or to find it difficult to generate power being so close.

Cotto won 2 rounds on the cards, but 3 and even 4 rounds were not far off. Castillo also showed the blue print, keep aiming for the body, and then face, and you will get some through. Floyd ends up with a lot of pushing or elbowing to keep people off which is a bad thing for him. He may lose a point too.

Comment

Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
            Yes but Matthyse has proven himself with Soto by stoppage. Also beat Alexander and Judah who are pretty damn good.

Cotto's jab and body work got to Mayweather and slowed him down. He could break Mayweather. He has a lot of power and is relentless.
            Lucas is not a big guy so I'm not so sure that he would be able to bring up his power to 147 .... so that is my point .... have Lucas fight several quality 147 fighters then we can talk. If he can do it at 147 then I may be all for this fight .... no problem there .... but until then, I don't want to see Floyd fight another fighter who has yet to prove that they belong at 147 against a fighter like Floyd.
            Last edited by ADP02; 06-26-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
              I don't know, rock but floyd will find a way to win against mathysee,
              Very true but if Matthyse lands a hard shot like Mosely did, I can see him breaking Floyd down.

Comment

Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
                Castillo 1, Floyd lost by 2 rounds IMO. Floyd was struggling, Castillo was relentless, Floyd was told he had to go to war by Roger but that didn't do him any favours. He had to push and elbow a lot to keep Castillo off which even got him a point deducted.

Judah and Alexander are south paws and very difficult to hit. Also if you watched the fight you would realise Alexander clearly was beaten, and Judah was close, and it could have gone either way.

I am basing it off Mayweather under a barrage of attacks on the inside. Castllo and Cotto had success, but with Matthyse's power, he could seriously hurt Floyd.
                I did watch the fight, Alexander and Judah both won.

I have this habit of being right with the judges and not listening to HBO commentary or Ledermans scorecard

Comment

So he had close fights with Judah and Alexander but can beat Mayweather who is 10 leagues above both?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Don't worry bout him, he's pissed because I said Lucas beats Pacman at 140.

Then he made a tread trying to prove that's not so by asking if Lucas hits harder than Margarito, Cotto & Clottey. I guess trying to say that Pacman beat those hard punchers therefore he beats Lucas.

I cannot fathom the extent of 1's stupidity to even make a connection there. Considering that Marquez beat Pacman at 147 & he doesn't have welterweight power & Bradley went 12 with Pacman with no legs.

Now he wants to pull Floyd down to Pacman's level.
                    I saw the who hits harder thread and just skipped it. But thanks for the heads up.

Comment

What you also gotta realize its your opinion Lucas those fights, its a fact he didn't

Comment

Working...
                      X