Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you imagine if Margarito beats Pacquiao and gains a championship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
    petty much agree exept the part where you said its just like floyd vs jmm.....jmm was in a severe disadvantage from the start....pac is fighting margo at a weighclass new to him.....that comparison was stupid imo!
    Not actually as stupid IF you saw the last fight Margarito was in. He struggled to get down in weight and had a higher fat than muscle content ever. Pac will still be fighting at his own weight but it'll be Margarito with a few lbs heavier advantage because he can't make WW/147 lbs properly. He also doesn't move and fights going forward. If Cotto was 148 lbs would that have changed the fight results? Let's take Clottey @ 150 too. Margarito will be the heaviest opponent Pac has faced but I'll go out and say Margarito was both slow AND barely won his last 'bout decisively. He doesn't (and won't ever) have the benefit of a proper trainer for this bout and he sure as hell won't get in shape as a result either. Fact is Margarito at least makes for a decently exciting fight, more than Hatton or Clottey at least and the extra weight at least insures he won't come in dehydrated and have a no-show like Clottey.

The difference in my stance than yours is I accept Pac easily winning this fight, give him credit that despite the expected win he does use mileage as a result and that I believe in his abilities combined with the ringside he has to support him (Roach and Ariza). That's basically why I don't expect him to loose and have the expectations set the way I do.

Comment

margarito is going to lose to manny pacquiao no matter what. I'm betting my life savings of 65k on Manny. I'm only 23 btw.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
        margarito is going to lose to manny pacquiao no matter what. I'm betting my life savings of 65k on Manny. I'm only 23 btw.
        Yeah man.

Pacman is a sure bet to win this imo

Comment

Originally posted by del515 View Post
          And obviously because Mayweather Sr. calls PED's on a fighter its 100% true so yea give us all a break with the ******ed logic. I'll break it down a few more ways for the mentally ******ed like yourself:
          1) GBP denied Judah's request for Olympic Style Testing when he was taking Mosley on the grounds that "ONLY the Nevada Athletic Commission has the right to demand such tests be made". If GBP had put this out in public years ago, it makes no sense that their own logic and stance can't be used against them.
          2) Apparently before the deadline, DLH, Haymon, Aurum, Schaeffer and Pac were all aboard a fight. Only one missing from that group is Mayweather. Can guess who I put blame there.
          3) Know who Sugar Ray Leonard is? Remember how he got a certain belt at a catchweight too? Fact is some of sports greatest athletes do it too so stop riding the short yellow school bus and ignoring that too. How about I turn that question around on you and say which is worse: Cotto fighting 2 lbs less than 147 or Marquez fighting 20 lbs heavier than he has ever fought anyone ever in his whole pro career. I know which answer I'd pick. Also I'll refresh you memory and add Hatton was also @ WW which Ricky never fought at until he faced Mayweather (so another bout at a weight class a fighter never fought at). Oh on the DLH it was also Pac's 1st WW bout and all the terms and agreement were made to favor DLH initially. Having the lion's share and making Pac go up in weight from his last bout of 135 lbs was to be DLH's advantage and every boxing writer agreed it was to his advantage.
          4) The needles issue went back as far as Erik Morrales and isn't the 1st time it been brought up with Pac. It was again brought up with Hatton so as a Floyd nuthugger, give me a break and stop saying it as if it were suddenly a new revelation, ITS FRIGGIN NEARLY 8 YRS OLD AND HAS BEEN SAID HUNDREDS OF TIMES!
          5) Floyd is Floyd but the fact is he goes around saying he is the greatest. No one says that for him but himself. Okay great so wanna prove it? We all know who Hagler and Hearns faced and we all know how many HOF's a man named Ali faced. When the public demanded a match up, a fight was made eventually. That's it. Call yourself the greatest, back it up. Aurum says Pac is the greatest. So does Roach. Difference is Pac isn't in the same position to back his words up as Mayweather, one said it and another didn't so its simple as that. I say to my friends I can kick their ass in Halo, well I'd sure as hell better do it and back it up at some point and not 2 years later now.
          6) Oh and to make it easier for all the Floyd nuthuggers out here, in an ideal world where everything Mayweather wanted (even random drug testing) you would look at the fight as : Mayweather wins easily/narrowly = Pac juiced up (despite olympic style testing), Mayweather looses easily/narrowly = Pac is juiced, a tie = Pac was juiced up but the testing didn't catch it. In other words it wouldn't matter the result because the assumption is no matter the result the perception among Floyd nuthuggers would be regardless of what testing is in place would be he found a way to either cheat it or it wasn't detected. In that respect your opinion wouldn't matter because the lot of you would overwhelmingly give credit regardless of the test while publicly saying "omfg we need it because its the greatest thing to come to boxing ever!" That's why you're a nuthugger because it wouldn't matter what was done your mind is already made up and you have a verdict in store already. Now please return to your short yellow school bus and taking your Mayweather Sr-like rantings with ya.
          Nationalism at its dumbest.... Hey, since Usain Blot is 6'5" and has a longer stride he has to start 10 yards back for the 100. He has the advantages so now we can do catch-races to

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            hell yea!!!

as for the thread....I can't imagine Marg winning but I would be mad as hell if he did!!

Comment

I think we wouldnt see half of boxingscenes member for weeks

Comment

It won't happen ..arum would do everything just to make pacquiao look good,margarito is either gonna come in weak because manny likes them @ a catch weight or the fight is sold like the clottey fight..arum gives them a nice sum of money just so paccy can stay on the top and be the paper catch weight champ.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  I would laugh because manny's cherry picking backfired on his ass.
                  I will remember this when Margo beats his ass, and make a thread on it.. dont worry

Comment

Working...
                  X