Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Manager Confident Daniel Jacobs Deal Will Get Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Loeffler said it was prohibitive. TR and DiBella have both said they won't be doing fights in NY until it changes. Lou's actually been really vocal about it calling out the governor.

But it might not matter....

damn, well hbo will have some money left over from the ****nelo fight not happening and they can still go the ppv route so there's still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      If GGG can't get Jacobs into the ring, and Saunders wants more time, GGG needs to jump on Lara (I'm assuming DeGale has finalized the Jack fight b/c the WBC didn't mandate Callum Smith last week).
      Saunders saying hes ready but team GG saying they dont believe him so will see if they even try to nego.

Lara all thats left.

Comment

I said it before, if ggg fights Jacobs their won't b a Canelo GGG fight cause Jacobs will beat GGG. Jacobs is a bigger stronger faster version of Kell Brook, if u think Brook was tagging GGG wait till u c what Jacobs does to him.

Comment

Well, this IS the fight to make at 160. Let's get it on!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
            I said it before, if ggg fights Jacobs their won't b a Canelo GGG fight cause Jacobs will beat GGG. Jacobs is a bigger stronger faster version of Kell Brook, if u think Brook was tagging GGG wait till u c what Jacobs does to him.
            Bingo.................

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
              GGG barely prepared for the Brook fight, he just made weight. He was trying like 75% or less. Most of his more legit opponents have a hard time landing on him. Against people who he thinks can hurt him, he is much more defensive and they hardly touch him; he eats them alive with the jab.

Comment

People keep talking about Pirog, but you have to look at the context in those knockdowns. Jacobs was beating Pirog before that KO whether you agree or not. It's a fact.

GGG does not move like Pirog. He doesn't have the upper body movement. Golovkin is very robotic with his movement. Very rarely does he duck out of the way of a punch. However, he has shown great agility against Lemiuex. Problem is, that's really not telling me much since Lemieux's feet are an F550 and Jacobs feet are a Corvette.

Lemieux is also the same height as GGG with short T-rex arms. Jacobs is tall and lengthy and is therefore able to generate much more power and get more leverage than Lemeiux. Jacobs is also much faster than DL and much better in his delivery.

Who has GGG fought with the power, speed and boxing ability of Daniel Jacobs? Jacobs is like Willie Monroe but with mutant-esque power compared to Monroe.

If Golovkin drops his hands and lets Jacobs hit him like he let Monroe and Wade hit him, it's over. You know this. In the same breath, he can't afford to try and outbox Jacobs like he did DL. Yes, that statement is subjective, but I'm going purely off the eye test here.

Another thing to think about is although Lemieux was KO'd by Rubio, GGG never hurt DL to the head. All the times DL was hurt was to the body. Does this mean that Rubio hits harder than GGG because he was able to hurt DL to the head? Of course not which is why I don't like using analogies like that when talking about fights.

GGG has never faced someone of Jacobs caliber that has all the tools, power and threats of Jacobs. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Tom Loeffler has said that Jacobs is more of a threat than Canelo for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  If Jacobs is a bum, then what were Geale, Adama, Monroe, Proksa, Wade, Murray, Macklin and Lemieux?

What bums do you know of that have 32 wins with 29 KO's that are on a 12 fight KO streak?

Please tell me because it damn sure isn't any of the guys I listed above and it damn sure ain't Marco Antonio Rubio

Lemieux was 34-2 (31 KO's); 9 fight win streak 7 of those wins coming by way of KO/TKO. GGG dismantled him with little more than a jab.

Love it when people crap all over GGG opponents and offer someone with credentials identical to the person they just crapped all over.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

Lemieux was 34-2 (31 KO's); 9 fight win streak 7 of those wins coming by way of KO/TKO. GGG dismantled him with little more than a jab.

Love it when people crap all over GGG opponents and offer someone with credentials identical to the person they just crapped all over.
                    The guy I quoted called Jacobs a bum.

If Jacobs is a bum, every opponent on GGG's resume is bummed out; including Pepe La Pew

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      The guy I quoted called Jacobs a bum.

If Jacobs is a bum, every opponent on GGG's resume is bummed out; including Pepe La Pew
                      GGG's fans use David Lemieux a one of GGG's best wins....that's a bad sign and they don't even know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X