Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is a better fighter than Manny and hes a greater fighter than Manny. Most of the people on this site don't realize that Floyd has been a Top P4Pound fighter for 15 years in a row.

Let that sink the **** in.

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
      Certainly you are stupid as fruck. Tell me one fighter who accomplished these achievements under his belt.

pro boxer at age of 16 and fought all the way from minimum weight up to light middleweight
      8 weight divisions champion
      4 weight divisions lineal champion
      p4p no. 1 straight in 5 years
      Fighter of the Decade and 3 times Fighter of the Year
      a beloved congressman in his country

Easy to achieve? Please wake me up when your boy achieves even half of these accomplishments in his lifetime otherwise you shut the fruck up and go back to your stinky hole.
      who said anything about easy to achieve???

thats great and pac is great i was just asking with the givng facts, what was so special giving the circumstance and quality of some of his wins???... name calling and bringing up the fact that hes a congressman on a boxing web site against a poster who has never called u out of ur name shows me where u are mentally, me myself have respect for any pro boxer and manny is obviously 1million times better than me im 4-2 as an ammature... soooooooooo>? what exactly is ur point there im speaking as a boxing fan with an opinion im sorry it doesnt jump out and impress me like it does you... his resume is good but people r here saying its millions of times better than mayweathers n marquez and my question is how and why with the given facts
      Last edited by 12TRIBEsRiSe; 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• either way, they are still below b-hop, roy jones, leonard, hagler, etc....

but i view pac above floyd based on what pac gave to the sport... pac, being a foreigner with no following, fought his way to the top... kept fighting twice a year during his reign as #1... and had a captivating style that BROUGHT new fans to boxing. now he appears to be a spent bullet... like most fan-friendly fighters.

floyd being an unbeaten master boxer and olympic medalist never got the love he deserved because he USED boxing as his hustle... he didnt GIVE enough. he had no problem stinking out a 12 round fight and bailing on the sport leaving fans hanging... he used boxing as his ATM. he treated fans like $2 hoes. and they KEEP coming back! HAHA

both have similar resumes, foes, careers.... what separates them, imo, is what they gave BACK to the sport of boxing.

Comment

• If Manny never gets another solid win again, he's left with a really great resume still. He'd have Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Solis, Marquez, D. Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Bradley. Floyd currently has Genaro, Manfredy, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto. It's not unreasonable to think if Floyd stays on top another year or two and gets say 3-4 more solid wins, he could over take Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
            either way, they are still below b-hop, roy jones, leonard, hagler, etc....

but i view pac above floyd based on what pac gave to the sport... pac, being a foreigner with no following, fought his way to the top... kept fighting twice a year during his reign as #1... and had a captivating style that BROUGHT new fans to boxing. now he appears to be a spent bullet... like most fan-friendly fighters.

floyd being an unbeaten master boxer and olympic medalist never got the love he deserved because he USED boxing as his hustle... he didnt GIVE enough. he had no problem stinking out a 12 round fight and bailing on the sport leaving fans hanging... he used boxing as his ATM. he treated fans like $2 hoes. and they KEEP coming back! HAHA

both have similar resumes, foes, careers.... what separates them, imo, is what they gave BACK to the sport of boxing.
            ill even take this argument over some fancy clown cursing everyone out who doesnt see it his way at least you used balance and acknowledge the obvious, the crazy part is those posters claim floyd n roger are so disrespectful and ghetto but they act the same damn way! even worse!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
              Floyd is a better fighter than Manny and hes a greater fighter than Manny. Most of the people on this site don't realize that Floyd has been a Top P4Pound fighter for 15 years in a row.

Let that sink the **** in.
              i think nobody questions floyd's boxing superiority over manny... but lets not pretend team floyd didnt run for the hills when prime manny was knocking on his door... PED accusations were overblown, JMM proved it.... and JMM stole what wouldve been floyds greatest & career-defining moment. actually, floyd ruined it for himself. i always felt floyd would beat manny EXCEPT for that window of time where pac seemed invincible (08-09)... i honestly believe pac wouldve put a hurt on floyd at that time. blame it on PEDs if you want, but floyd ducked him for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                i think nobody questions floyd's boxing superiority over manny... but lets not pretend team floyd didnt run for the hills when prime manny was knocking on his door... PED accusations were overblown, JMM proved it.... and JMM stole what wouldve been floyds greatest & career-defining moment. actually, floyd ruined it for himself. i always felt floyd would beat manny EXCEPT for that window of time where pac seemed invincible (08-09)... i honestly believe pac wouldve put a hurt on floyd at that time. blame it on PEDs if you want, but floyd ducked him for a reason.
                Im not getting into a Floyd ducked Pac debate. Im just not. Its been done to death. People said he ducked Cotto for years the second he dropped Arum the fight was signed in 2 weeks. So meh whatever.

JMM beat Pac 3 times already imo. So I dont see how he stole his career defining win. Hell on the cards Bradley just "beat" him. So that fight has been losing its luster.

Comment

• No.

I'm not a fanboy of either fighter. Mayweather's accomplished more, has a better resume, and is a more skilled fighter.

Both are top 50 P4P all time in my book, but Floyd ranks just a little higher IMO.

And as for the whole "who ducked who" thing... I am convinced that neither man REALLY wanted to get in the ring with the other man. Both were a threat to the other, and neither one was really anxious to put their legacy on the line to see who was better.

Just another example of how much boxing has fallen from the "old days".
                  Last edited by SBleeder; 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                    ill even take this argument over some fancy clown cursing everyone out who doesnt see it his way at least you used balance and acknowledge the obvious, the crazy part is those posters claim floyd n roger are so disrespectful and ghetto but they act the same damn way! even worse!!!
                    yep. i mean, i try not to get caught up with emotional posters. people have opinions, you cant change that....

it took me a while to be a fan of pac (i was already a fan of floyd & winky), i just didnt like his wrecklessness... i actually was rooting for jmm on pac/jmm II. but not gonna lie, i was all about pac in 08-09.

Comment

• pac is greater than floyd of course for now but it depends on what floyd is prepared to do and how much his legacy reallly means to him.

when his ability goes he might find he wish he did more cos once you decline thats it,, no more if only i did this or that.

Cos if guys like bradley took years off and fought as little as floyd, he wouuld be seen as a joke if people claimed he was the best so i judge floyd like i would anyone who dared act like floyod.

Comment

Working...
                      X