No announcement yet.

Training regime for me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training regime for me?

I feel really cheeky for asking this - But can someone please help me sort out a training regime?

I'm 20, and have been going along to boxing training for a few weeks now. I would say that I am of skinny/medium build although I can eat like a horse.
    I used to be a cross country runner, and although I am currently out of practice, it doesn't take me long to get back into shape.

Ideally I would like to increase my upper body bulk and generally tone my stomach. I do not have access to a gym, but do have dumbbells, skipping rope and my trainers

My current training is the following:

Mon: Boxing Training (1hr)
    Tue:
    Wed: Boxing Training (1hr)
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

At the moment I am not committed enough to change my diet, maybe that will come in time.

A regime to start me off would be really appreciated, and in time I can build on it

Many thanks

What kind of training do you get at boxing, do you do any aspect of fitness, or is it purely on skills and technique?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      What kind of training do you get at boxing, do you do any aspect of fitness, or is it purely on skills and technique?

It mostly goes:
      Warmup exercises (running and sprints)
      Some technique work
      Circuit training incl bags
      Warm down stretches

Comment

I wouldn't know about a regime for you but, just do the obvious and get yourself a weight bench and use your dumbbells on a light weight while shadow boxing to build muscle. Being at the gym alone should get your stamina in good shape. Bulking yourself up comes down to eating the right stuff at the right time, eating less amounts more often is the best way. No point in buying protein shakes yet. The best way to gain the mass you want quickly is to eat the same amount of protein in grams as you yourself weigh in lbs (150lbs = eating 150grams protein per day) tuna is good. But i suppose like you said, you dont want to go on a diet just yet "/ Also do alot of squats, it works your whole body and strengthens it overall over time. Its all basic stuff.

Comment

look into every aspect of it-- boxer's diet, footwork, building punches, blocks, equipment, everything. Personal research will do you the best

Comment

Working...
          X