Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Antonio Barerra the Peoples Champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Antonio Barerra the Peoples Champion?

I'm told he vacated his belt and just wanted to be known as the Peoples Champ, can someone fill me in what went down? Was he sick of the sanctioning bodies or was it because of something else?

Originally posted by IronMike* View Post
    I'm told he vacated his belt and just wanted to be known as the Peoples Champ, can someone fill me in what went down? Was he sick of the sanctioning bodies or was it because of something else?
    Barrera is a fighter who never really impressed me

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Why not? He came up short against Jones and Pacquaio, but he gave more than a good account of himself against Morales and jmm

Comment

I think Barrera was an incredible fighter,he was one of the most well-rounded guys of the last 10-15 years,im a huge fan

Comment

I don't really understand that. He got crushed by Pacquiao and looked like **** against Jones, but he's maybe had the most exciting career in boxing history with all of his ups, downs and ring wars. Anyhow, Barrera felt like he was getting underpaid and underpromoted by the sanctioning bodies. He explains it right before the Tapia fight, which can be found here.

Comment

i am not doubting that he had a great career and was shafted by the promotors and sanctioning bodies yet IMO he just never "Floated my boat"... i thought he lost all 3 fights with Morales, tried to cheat against Pacquiao, was fortunate to catch Hamed at the right time and was out-classed against Marquez which is besides his losses to Jones.. watching him he never excited me yet i am not doubting his exception skills.

Comment

i am not doubting that he had a great career and was shafted by the promotors and sanctioning bodies yet IMO he just never "Floated my boat"... i thought he lost all 3 fights with Morales, tried to cheat against Pacquiao, was fortunate to catch Hamed at the right time and was out-classed against Marquez which is besides his losses to Jones.. watching him he never excited me yet i am not doubting his exception skills.
              I was pretty disgusted all around by the Pacquiao fight (the first one, I can't bring myself to watch the second after the horrific beating he took the first go round). That was actually the first fight of his that I watched, it took me a little while to warm up to him. If you just don't like him, that's cool, matter of opinion. But there is no way he lost the third Morales fight (or the first, for that matter).

Comment

How did you have him losing the 3rd fight with Morales? that was clear cut for him.

and theres no way he was outclassed against Marquez, that was an extremely close fight although he fell off in the final rounds. not to mention he was past his best.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  How did you have him losing the 3rd fight with Morales? that was clear cut for him.

and theres no way he was outclassed against Marquez, that was an extremely close fight although he fell off in the final rounds. not to mention he was past his best.
                  Maybe he should have been past his best, but he looked like fire that night. Even Steward was going on and on and on about how fast, how sharp he looked against Marquez. That was his "last great fight" it just wasn't enough to beat Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    Maybe he should have been past his best, but he looked like fire that night. Even Steward was going on and on and on about how fast, how sharp he looked against Marquez. That was his "last great fight" it just wasn't enough to beat Marquez.
                    I personally thought Barrera looked much better in the Morales fight, for example. I thought that although Barrera looked pretty fast, his punches lacked a lot of their normal snap and power that he had previously about 2 or 3 years beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                    X