Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Would Vacate a Belt in Order To Land Fury, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"There's been a lot of talk about 'give up the belt,' but the aim for Anthony Joshua is to be the undisputed heavyweight champion. Will a belt get in the way of him fighting Tyson Fury next? Probably not. Will he vacate a belt and fight Tyson Fury next? Yes, I believe he would if he had to, but would he rather maintain all the belts? One million percent," Hearn told Boxing Social.

Very Smart Mr. Joshua! If you beat Fury, you could go after Usyk next! Don't delay the Fury fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
      This is why Boxing is losing ground to the UFC year in, year out.

You've got a massive fight in Fury vs Joshua, the biggest fight that can be made in boxing, in the marquee division, which could be the first undisputed Heavyweight title fight in? How many years?

But oh no here comes the WBO with their man who has had one fight at heavyweight vs a guy from the 90s and oh no this fella must have his shot first.

Then after that someone else, perhaps the IBF shall come along, with, I don't know, maybe Luis Ortiz who has earned a 3rd shot at the crown by beating some no-name and now you have to fight him before Undisputed.

It's just beyond pathetic, give us the bloody undisputed fight, NOW, not next year, not in 18 months make it NOW.

In the UFC you don't get this, Dana calls the shots and he makes the fights that makes sense.

So sick and tired of boxing politics.
      These comparisons between boxing and the UFC are stupid. Boxing is a sport, UFC isn't. It's basically the WBA or WBC of MMA. I agree with everything else you said though.

I also think it's a stupid move by the WBO to enforce Usyk's mandatory. At the end of the day, the sanctioning bodies are about that cash money ("non-profit" my poop shoot); what will give the WBO the most sanctioning fees? AJ vs. Usyk or AJ vs Fury? No brainer. Allow an undisputed, grab the ridiculous sanctioning fees (from the rematch too) and then force the mandatory. They have the unification clause so I doubt Usyk can successfully sue. If he can, meh, give him a slice of the millions you just made from two consecutive undisputed fights.

Saying that though, it wouldn't surprise me if Sulaimoney tries to give Fury the WBC Frenchfries title after he pummels Wilder again, destroying any hopes of a legitimate undisputed fight.

Comment

joshua nothing more than a paper chump

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          Hearn knows that Fury is going to smash him up, so he's looking to cash his man out rather than risk him losing against some unknown like Usyk.
          Yeah Eddie knows that and that’s why he is now talking about giving up a belt, because at least his stable will still have one belt if Usyk gets a vacant title.

Eddie knows that when Fury takes all Joshua’s belts (that Fury never lost in the ring), Then nobody is going to beat him and take any of the belts. The only hope anybody has is if Fury vacates some, and that’s not certain.

Eddie is getting desperate now he knows the fight might be a reality and that’s why he is now trying to salvage a belt by getting Joshua to vacate one now Fury suggested it.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Yeah Eddie knows that and that’s why he is now talking about giving up a belt, because at least his stable will still have one belt if Usyk gets a vacant title.

Eddie knows that when Fury takes all Joshua’s belts (that Fury never lost in the ring), Then nobody is going to beat him and take any of the belts. The only hope anybody has is if Fury vacates some, and that’s not certain.

Eddie is getting desperate now he knows the fight might be a reality and that’s why he is now trying to salvage a belt by getting Joshua to vacate one now Fury suggested it.
            Very true.

Personally i see Fury retiring after he batters AJ into a coma.

I think he stays retired for a few years, gets fat etc, and then he comes back to beat up whatever hype job Eddie Hearn is promoting at the time.

Fury is an ATG HW, and he will no doubt be capable of beating everyone when he's 40+

Comment

I had so many AJ fans rip into me for saying it was a good thing Fury didn't care about the belts if it meant making this fight. They're eating a big fat crow right now though.

Comment

Yesterday Eddie was lying, today he's telling the truth.

Comment

Obviously Hearn wants to keep control over one of the belts in case Joshua loses to Fury.

Comment

Wrong move.

Belts over fighters.

In the MOMENT fighters may seem, to elevate themselves above belt status 'But Tyson Fury is not one of those fighters'.

By vacating a belt, just to face Tyson Fury? Joshua is putting Fury on a pedestal etc.

Comment

Haymon and Arum lie every day so does that make him better ;-)

They're promoters just read between the lines ..

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Yesterday Eddie was lying, today he's telling the truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X