Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: How Much Did Derevyanchenko's Brutal Battle Against Golovkin Take Out Of Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: How Much Did Derevyanchenko's Brutal Battle Against Golovkin Take Out Of Him?

By Keith Idec - UNCASVILLE, Connecticut Sergiy Derevyanchenko gave Gennadiy Golovkin 12 of the roughest rounds of his life last October 5. Their brutal battle satisfied even the ficklest fight fans because it provided the type of sustained savagery seldom seen in boxing. They traded flush punches throughout their thoroughly entertaining slugfest, right until the...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not just that GGG fight but the Jacobs fight too. This is the right time for someone like Charlo to fight him.

Comment

Smh..... This will only be Derevyanchenko's 16th pro fight.

Comment

Golovkin looked flat and tired that whole fight but he and Sergiy exchanged a lot of leather and there’s a clear power difference between the two.

Sergiy definitely looked more busted up when the fight was over with both eyes damn near shy & if I remember correctly they both went to the hospital after.

Realistically that fight probably took more outta GGG than DChenko, due to his age and mileage (300 amateur fights, dozens of training camps, sparring & pro fights) Sergiy on the other hand has had less than 20 fights and is 4 years younger.

Either way it goes he’s the 1st legitmate test Mall has faced at middleweight so hopefully he comes with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          Golovkin looked flat and tired that whole fight but he and Sergiy exchanged a lot of leather and there’s a clear power difference between the two.

Sergiy definitely looked more busted up when the fight was over with both eyes damn near shy & if I remember correctly they both went to the hospital after.

Realistically that fight probably took more outta GGG than DChenko, due to his age and mileage (300 amateur fights, dozens of training camps, sparring & pro fights) Sergiy on the other hand has had less than 20 fights and is 4 years younger.

Either way it goes he’s the 1st legitmate test Mall has faced at middleweight so hopefully he comes with everything.
          And we have some here harping about a 3rd GGG/Canelo fight. GTFO here, Canelo would merc GGG in a 3rd fight and no one wants to see this fight.

Comment

I doubt it took a lot from him . Derevyanchenko had only 15 pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Smh..... This will only be Derevyanchenko's 16th pro fight.
              Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              I doubt it took a lot from him . Derevyanchenko had only 15 pro fights.
              Lol. You guys sound like casuals. You don’t gauge it by 1:1 added fights etc. The context is how much damage in ONE FIGHT, time off recuperation, and then proper training. A boxer can take a serious beating in one fight that could equal 2 fights of damage. It’s about recovery time from your last fight. And last but not least, GGG hits hard!

Anybody who’s enjoyed the Canelo Golovkin rematch would appreciate Canelo return with Fielding 3 months later. GGG’s Team publicly stated that the Kazakh needed long recovery from his Canelo fight... point of the article.

Though imho I don’t like this article and it’s title...It’s not fair to both fighters. So I understand why some fans find it offensive. I mean Idec is big pro-PBC. This article does thema disservice if you’re trying to sell the fight...

Comment

Boricua181

That was a brutal fight for both of them, and it will shorten both of their career's. They're both about 35 years old, and as you get older beatings like take something out of your resiliency. Derevyanchenko, and Golovkin will show the negative effects of their grueling battle in their next fights. Derevyanchenko's stitched up face from his past fights, wont hold up in this or any future fights. Charlo by TKO in the latter rounds, the longer it last the worst for Derevyanchenko. Golovkin might be able to beat his undefeated opponent, and if he does it'll be because he simply wasn't a world class fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post

Sergiy is no slouch in the underground world. He has 400 amateur bouts bro. He’s 34 too. GGG rarely got hit throughout his career because as I’ve said numerous times, his defense is masterclass.

If you guys really wanna be accurate, Canelo hardly gets any mention for the amount of damage he bestowed onto GGG. That’s a fact!

Comment

Almost 35 years old: 390-20 as amateur, 23-1 as semi pro ''World Series of Boxing'', 13-2 as pro. Yeah this a lots of fight for his body...

Comment

Working...
                    X