Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UK Boxing: Fans Dealt Blow, Crowds Not Returning Any Time Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a very high survival rate and a very low mortality rate I do not understand why governments are still locking down. There are plenty of countries and areas where they never locked down and they are doing just fine. Why is it that most of the areas hit hardest (in the US) are all left wing/progressive/liberal?

Comment

Drop the politics in here or I'll start to let these gifted hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Drop the politics in here or I'll start to let these gifted hands go.
        Let them fly. This pandemic long ago became a political issue. The mush heads in this world have accepted this bizarre new world order out of pure, irrational fear and blind obedience to an authority that has proven itself to be entirely clueless over and over again. The governments of the world cannot stop the elderly and infirm from dying, yet that is the new standard. We are willfully subjugating ourselves to complete imbeciles who have been making things up as they go from Day 1.
        Last edited by NachoMan; 09-22-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
          With a very high survival rate and a very low mortality rate I do not understand why governments are still locking down. There are plenty of countries and areas where they never locked down and they are doing just fine. Why is it that most of the areas hit hardest (in the US) are all left wing/progressive/liberal?
          LOL thanks for the comedy relief!

LoadedWraps here's one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

LoadedWraps here's one for you.
            Where was the comedy and why don't you handle it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
              Let them fly. This pandemic long ago became a political issue. The mush heads in this world have accepted this bizarre new world order out of pure, irrational fear and blind obedience to an authority that has proven itself to be entirely clueless over and over again. The governments of the world cannot stop the elderly and infirm from dying, yet that is the new standard. We are willfully subjugating ourselves to complete imbeciles who have been making things up as they go from Day 1.

‘The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members’

I guess we now know the type of society you like ...Kim Jong style. I'm cool with survival of the fittest, but are you cause it won't stop when you tap and say uncle.

You're basically saying that once you hit 60 you're fair game to any younger person. Like others of the same mindset, you will change your tune to young people are out of control, need harsher laws to protect you in your old age. Unless you are going to go full senicide and walk into the forest to die like some do in Japan.

PS. From someone in medical family, SARS scared experts more than ebola, aids etc. covid is a corona virus like SARS. Good luck getting investment in a country that failed to contain the outbreak. A 3rd world country with a Gucci belt that's what you'll become.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

‘The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members’

I guess we now know the type of society you like ...Kim Jong style. I'm cool with survival of the fittest, but are you cause it won't stop when you tap and say uncle.

You're basically saying that once you hit 60 you're fair game to any younger person. Like others of the same mindset, you will change your tune to young people are out of control, need harsher laws to protect you in your old age. Unless you are going to go full senicide and walk into the forest to die like some do in Japan.

PS. From someone in medical family, SARS scared experts more than ebola, aids etc. covid is a corona virus like SARS. Good luck getting investment in a country that failed to contain the outbreak. A 3rd world country with a Gucci belt that's what you'll become.
                The world is Darwinian because the universe made it so. If I am vulnerable to a cold virus, then I should, logically, do everything I can to protect myself. I should not, however, expect the world to stop their lives because I might get sick. If you are sick, cover your face, stay home, hide under your bed, cover yourself with pillows, whatever. The rest of us have **** to do. You have no concept still about the real impact of this culture-changing event. Anybody so immune-deficient that they could die from the COVID cold virus would have been dead this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                  Boxers need to realize that ordinary people are suffering and losing their jobs so boxers should start fighting for less money. They don't need crowds. They got sponsorship and TV money and PPV.
                  Boxers are ordinary people, too. Unless we’re talking about the very top performers, boxers struggle just as much as everyone else. Most fighters make very little for a fight, and that’s only a few times a year — if they’re lucky. Not everyone is making Pacquiao or Canelo money.

Comment

you can't have huge crowds of screaming people during a pandemic with an airborne virus?

who knew?

i mean really, who knew?

boxers will have to do one of two things:
                    take a pay cut
                    sit out. booo ****ing hoo. i don't make an extra million dollars to put on boxing gloves and fight somebody. wahhhh. get a ****ing clue! how much more important is the health and wellbeing of a host city and country [and the economy of the entire ****ing world,] than two shirtless dudes hitting each other?

fight in a building with essential personnel only, or don't f#Cking fight! babies.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Boxers are ordinary people, too. Unless we’re talking about the very top performers, boxers struggle just as much as everyone else. Most fighters make very little for a fight, and that’s only a few times a year — if they’re lucky. Not everyone is making Pacquiao or Canelo money.

guys who make it to TV regularly are making hundreds of thousands a year or more. if they didn't spend like two year olds they would hav eno problem whatsoever riding this thing out. notice how few haymon fighters or older fighters are fighting? it's only the idiots who make a million dollar paycheck and think they can drive a lambo who are shaking in their boots right now. i'll tell them to **** right off, people are dying and the economy is in f#ckiung shambles. you cannot fight in an arena full of people. as a boxer you're so far down the list of what is "necessary" and i shouldn't have to explain that to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X