No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    Walking Dead is always the same deal over and over. Group overcomes a threat, sets up shop somewhere where they feel they could live, then eventually they must leave because of a new threat. Rinse and repeat.

From the barn to the Prison to Terminus to Alexandria to whereever.

From crazy Shane to Governor to Cannibals to Wolves to Negan to....

All the while they never really kill anyone of the fan favorites so it eliminates that much drama. Oh yeah and if you think they did they really didnt.

I haven't watched this season. I feel like I'm not missing too much. Best thing this show has going for it is it has an eclectic group of characters with different backgrounds. In that cliffhanger I'm willing to bet that the gay guy or Sasha died because no one really cares all that much about them. It needs to be Glenn or Daryl or Rick.
    Exactly......... and great post!
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 04-04-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• I honestly don't care who it is, I've seen so many ass pulls and getting out of impossible situations that I don't care who dies. I was actually hoping Negan decided to kill 2 or 3 people out of the group if anything. I know I keep complaining but I do enjoy the show, I really do, I've always loved this genre but it's disappointing when you think about how much better this series could have been entirely.

At times it feels like Sliders, bad writing, horrible actors, plot holes but I can't stop watching.
      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 04-05-2016, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        If you notice when Negan passed by Abraham, he stood up straight with his chin up, Negan took notice of that, that's clue #1.

Clue #2 , when Abraham bashed the person's skull with Lucille, he said "Whoa, took it like a champ!" and hit the person again. Again, this showed toughness, it was someone very tough, someone who can take a blow like that and still stare at the attacker. I think this is why it was Abraham. But I can see a case for Eugene and Glenn.
        Would him taking note of Abraham's chin up not make him want to keep him around because he'll respect the bravery and will want a guy like that working for him. Also when he said "Whoa, took it like a champ!!" he sounded surprised. I don't think he'd be surprised at Abraham taking it well but he would be surprised at a guy like Glenn or Eugene taking it well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
          Would him taking note of Abraham's chin up not make him want to keep him around because he'll respect the bravery and will want a guy like that working for him. Also when he said "Whoa, took it like a champ!!" he sounded surprised. I don't think he'd be surprised at Abraham taking it well but he would be surprised at a guy like Glenn or Eugene taking it well.
          Or maybe he sees that as a threat and took down the biggest, most physically threatening guy.

You also make a good point on Negan's surprised tone and the logic behind that, good catch. Who ever the person was must be pretty strong though. They took the first bash to their head without falling, maybe to indicate shock? I imagine if you get hit with a bat you'd drop right away, you don't stay upright like that.

Comment

• I know we are all complaining about how they ended that with giving us blue balls, but...one thing is for sure if you stand back, calm down, get rid of the anger and emotion you have from being left cold with a cliff hanger.

The writers and directors did an awesome job of keeping us on our toes, they made it very difficult to tell which character is offed, but they led us on with several of them, Eugene, Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, etc.

leading up the finale they kept hinting and making it seem this person was next, at one point I felt it was going to be Michionne, nobody knows they purposely did it this way entire mid season.

If Ricks group were solid, and they were not having emotional breakdowns, like Carol, maggie, abraham, eugene, daryl etc.

I believe they could have easily took out Negan using smarts. Ricks group has an advantage they might not have the numbers but they have war scars, they been outnumbered and learned how to defend a fort, they learned from experience, NEgans group seem like Brutes, not very smart they are too comfortable with their large numbers.

If you look how in the few instances Ricks group encountered any of the Saviors they wiped them out.

Now if Ricks group didn't suffer these emotional breakdowns, and had time to prepare they could have went Ghenghis Khan on Negan, they went Genghis Khan on that one large group of sleeping Saviors.

Morgan makes it the most difficult though he got into Carols head and made her question herself, he is too black and white, he doesn't know that its either kill or be killed, Morgan has the right mindset to be a leader but this is a different world, Morgan would make a great president in a civilized world but we are dealing with an apocalypse and his mindset has to be modified.

All I know is when the time comes for Rick to exact his revenge on Negan they better make it one of the most bad ass moments on TV history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
              That Whoa Took it like a champ line is from the comics, and he hit Glenn in the head the first time when Glenn had a hat and was shocked he was still up. So im guessing its Glenn if they stay true to the comic. that line is straight out the comic book.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                that whoa took it like a champ line is from the comics, and he hit glenn in the head the first time when glenn had a hat and was shocked he was still up. So im guessing its glenn if they stay true to the comic. That line is straight out the comic book.
                spoiler that **** fam asap.

Comment

The writers and directors did an awesome job of keeping us on our toes, they made it very difficult to tell which character is offed, but they led us on with several of them, Eugene, Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, etc.
                  LOL are you kidding me? it's not even about whose character is about to get whacked, it's that they didn't have the ****ing balls to show a major character violent death onscreen. They could've shown it then left it to ponder among viewers the impact of that character's death for the next 6 months so that the next season premiere will be about the effects of the tragedy. But sadly, these writers thought it will be cool to left everyone guessing until the next season.

Comment

• I can confirm it was Eugene that got hairline fractures on his cranium

Comment

I know we are all complaining about how they ended that with giving us blue balls, but...one thing is for sure if you stand back, calm down, get rid of the anger and emotion you have from being left cold with a cliff hanger.

leading up the finale they kept hinting and making it seem this person was next, at one point I felt it was going to be Michionne, nobody knows they purposely did it this way entire mid season.

It's not even based on anger & emotion. It's a legit complaint and it's bad writing. For starters, this is a show based on the comic. I understand changing certain things so that it's not a carbon copy & easily predictable. However, this particular scene is one of the most profound scenes in the comic. It's one of, if not the most emotional part of the story, where an original and loved character is brutally murdered. For readers, it's shocking, it's highly emotional. As others have pointed out, it's the "Red Wedding" of the comic, so to speak.

For the show to take this scene, after a huge build up and have it in the POV of the person getting killed without showing who it was totally kills the moment. Imagine if the Red Wedding episode was like that- they have this massive episode, after half a season or more building up to this very moment, and they show someone getting stabbed with knife & shot with arrows, but they don't show who...was it Rob, or Catelyn, or Robs his wife!? Tune in next season to find out! By the time next season rolls around, it doesn't sting anymore, the viewer is less attached not only because so much time passes by but because we already know someone died. Now it's just a matter of finding out who, assuming we don't already know due to how easily leaks spread across social media.

So that is the main complain here, not that it's a cliffhanger but because they ruined one of the biggest moments in the entire story. As for cliffhangers, in general it's ok, TV shows can do them from time to time, no big deal. But in a scene like this? No way. They are overdoing it. How many times have they ended episodes on cliffhangers? It's like they rely on them now, which is completely unnecessary being that it's one of the most popular shows on TV with an extremely loyal fan base. There's no need to "trick" the audience to tune-in to the next episode. So now at this point it just becomes annoying and when the hero's keep escaping impossible scenarios and surviving, it makes us less and less "fearful" that a main character is going to die, since they never do. Which of course is a perfect reason to have shown the scene the way the comic did it and by offing a major character...to bring us back to the reality that a major character can and does die. But now? Not so much (especially if they cop out and go with Aaron, Eugene or even Abraham).
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 04-05-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X