No announcement yet.

Amazing how some pro (full time) boxers can only punch on one side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing how some pro (full time) boxers can only punch on one side

and tehy go their entire career, without being able to punch with power on both sides

e.g. Joe Louis can, Gerry Cooney cant.

Just imagine Cooney with a right hand stronger than his left. He would have killed and I think taken out Holmes! He had the genetics but somehow depsite doing it as a job full time couldnt get his right side to fire properly

Many others are the same. How is that possible?

Tua is a guy that every so often his right hand works properly and its a menace, shame it didnt work all the time (an example for thos that somehow think its down to genetics to have it only on one side, it is not)
    Last edited by AlexKid; 09-08-2016, 12:24 AM.

Adonis Stevenson is a one handed fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      Adonis Stevenson is a one handed fighter.
      Its amazing they survive and at a high level, Joe Fraizier too although that may be due to a hand injury.

Basically we wernt meant to have much control over our hips from evolution, so its fecking hard

Ironic that nature makes our weakest muscles like our arms the most easy to control
      Last edited by AlexKid; 09-08-2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        Its amazing they survive and at a high level, Joe Fraizier too although that may be due to a hand injury.

Basically we wernt meant to have much control over our hips from evolution, so its fecking hard

Ironic that nature makes our weakest muscles like our arms the most easy to control
        The human body is really a wonderful thing.
        You are right with Joe, i forgot him, but he was a left hand fighter, imagine him without his left hook?, the man probably wouldn't have even been a world champ, but he won his olympic final with only his right hand in a really nice display.

Comment

Where's your super-duper thread

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Where's your super-duper thread
            shh dont wake old nelson, I think he took the wrong meds and went to sleep for 2 weeks

Comment

Henry Cooper is another

Comment

No one strikes with both hands simultaneously yet. Captain James T. Kirk showed that it is very effective to strike a man with flat palms into both ears at once. Boxing is no longer evolving as it should, or this move would already have been incorporated into the canon of techniques. There is no necessity to keep the palms open. The move will be even more effective as a double punch to both sides of the head at once, compressing the skull between two fists.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  shh dont wake old nelson, I think he took the wrong meds and went to sleep for 2 weeks
                  Nah. I'm here. This thread has a better op than your Valuev hip-rotation fiasco thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Nah. I'm here. This thread has a better op than your Valuev hip-rotation fiasco thread.
                    xD

I love how the mods are allowed to be human and interact like the rest of us,and not get power corrupted, best forums and mods ever!

Comment

Working...
                    X