Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip to the greatest champion of all time.

Supreme confidence personified. An amazing person.

Rest in peace! Muhammad Ali, champion of the world.

Comment

“I ain’t draft dodging. I ain’t burning no flag. I ain’t running to Canada. I’m staying right here. You want to send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I’ve been in jail for 400 years. I could be there for 4 or 5 more, but I ain’t going no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I want to die, I’ll die right here, right now, fightin’ you, if I want to die. You my enemy, not no Chinese, no Vietcong, no Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. Want me to go somewhere and fight for you? You won’t even stand up for me right here in America, for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won’t even stand up for my rights here at home.”

Muhammad Ali

Comment

"I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world."

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."

Comment

I happen to first hear of the news of Ali's passing on here. I wondered if he was still relevant in the mainstream. I turned the the TV on to TSN which is our national sports network in canada and 90 per cent of the one hour show was dedicated to his impact on the world. I then spent some time watching NBA tv yesterday and the entire day was almost dedicated to his life. Kareem was interviewed by phone and really shed some light on the times and courage Ali had for his convicts. Bob Arums interview explaining the hurdles it took to get him a fight after his announcement he would not go to Vietnam were very descriptive. He was suspended throughout the states and had a fight set up in montreal which fell thru because the city was threatened the american legion would boycott the upcoming worlds fair. In Toronto the chavalo fight almost fell thru because the owner of the stadium and hockey team would not support the Draft Dodger. This actually influenced the sale of the team and stadium to a new owner and the chavalo fight was made. Of course latter his passport was taken away and some of best years as a athlete were robbed from his athletic legacy.

Comment

In my opinion Clay is in the the running for greatest fighter of all time. There is little doubt he had the fastest hands, fastest feet and best chin in heavyweight history. Add to that one of the greatest wills to prevail we have seen in the ring.

He has the most competitive ledger in heavyweight history. No one faced as many monsters and top fighters.

That our country forced him to join filthy moslems to have any support at all, reflects badly on the U.S.A. His name put the moslems in a stronger position, and they will always claim him, though that decision was made under extreme pressure and desperation. Clay was a Chrisitian and there is no Muhammad Ali. His name was Cassius Clay. He was a Christian fellow forced into apostasy. There was no way to break from the moslems once you joined those thugs.

I for one will never throw that mistake back in the dead man's face by using the ugly name Muhammad Ali. He was an uneducated black unprepared to face the wrathful machine of the U.S. by himself. The moslems and thug Elija wanted his name so bad they could taste it, and they got it. He was never as good with that ugly name as he was with his original.

The moslems had a psuedo-religion that would make him one of their top dogs. As a Christian he was just another man. Thug Elija and the rest just happened to be black. That was the drawing card, not the hideous moslem religion. They were black men that spoke his language. They just happened to call themselves moslems, which, of course, they are not, that religion being no more than a political affiliation for them, a recruitment tool.

Comment

Still can't believe The Greatest is gone :/

Comment

For the longest time it seemed like he was going to live on forever, R.I.P.

Comment

However you felt about him and his action's outside the ring, you cannot deny the greatness he possessed inside of it. Rest In Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by forget View Post
                    However you felt about him and his action's outside the ring, you cannot deny the greatness he possessed inside of it. Rest In Peace.
                    Cassius was one of the true greats. It is hard to blame him for taking support from anyone who would give it, even scum-of-the world moslems. Jack Johnny faced the machine alone, however, I remind. Cassius was courageous, but Johnson was even more courageous. Clay and the black moslems against the U.S. combine still is not as harrowing as Johnson by himself against an even more vicious combine.

Comment

"Thank you", T-Bear for that!

"Wow" very nice report there! I know of Muhammad Ali OF COURSE! That IS "great write-up!"
                      I'll come back here to read all replies. And, 'star' next to each handle name here!
                      I had met Muhammad Ali when he visited Hartford,CT. in August, or Sept. 79. And, we "exchange" in the ensuing years. Muhammad Ali was a "dear fellow!" and too kind, at the heart of things.
                      [GodOfBoxing (aa"expert reader" bb Administration) & BoxRc own name; 'Bill Hodge'/*bus case; 'ImranSarwar' ea."banned-for-life"]
                      Muhammad Ali 74 years, four months, 17 days.
                      We reminice.
                      Post by John Wilkinson, New Britain,CT.

Comment

Working...
                      X