No announcement yet.

If JMM was smart he would push for Floyd rematch before 5th Pac fight= $$$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If JMM was smart he would push for Floyd rematch before 5th Pac fight= $$$$

First off i'd like to commend Pac & Marquez for putting on an awesome fight last weekend. After watching this fight and seeing the outcome, the only fight that makes sense for JMM to take right now is a rematch vs Mayweather. Some writers & fans have condemned Floyds fight vs JMM because of various issues like JMM moving up, him not looking ripped, Floyd missing the 144lb catchweight limit (though the fight was postponed because of Mayweather had a rib injury I believe.

Now that it has been over 3 years, JMM has had 2 very successful showings in the 147lb weight class vs the guy (Pac) that we have all been clamoring to see Mayweather fight. He now has a strength & conditioning coach and seems to have no problems with the weight. Juan Manuel Marquez weighed the same amount vs Pac in their 4th fight as he did vs Mayweather, granted he was more muscular vs Manny. Also Pac weighed in heavier than Floyd did, yes it was simply a pound but he still weighed in heavier. Shouldnt JMM try to seek revenge vs Mayweather and get his highest pay day ever and then have the 5th fight with Pac because he will still have the leverage over Pac? I know Juan Manuel Marquez is a talented, smart and skilled fighter not to mention he always comes to fight, so wouldnt he want to test himself as a fighter to see if he can knock off the P4P/PPV King?

If JMM defeats Mayweather in a rematch his legacy would sky rocket, if he loses then it will confirm what many of us already knew, that Mayweather is the superior fighter but he would still be able to get more millions after by having the 5th fight with Pac. It seems to me that JMM should capitlize on the pay day vs Mayweather Next year for Cinco De Mayo because this is PRIZE FIGHTING and then have his final fight vs Pac to end a stellar boxing career. Even if you are out skilled by your opponent in speed & power, all it takes is one punch to end a fight as JMM proved vs Pac last weekend.
    Last edited by Architect; 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM.

In the words of 2 Chainz.....

Truuuuuuuuu................

Comment

That Game "Holy Water" goes hard....

Comment

Mayweather will dudck this version of Marquez. He will wait till Pacquaio and marquez beat on each other some more before he even consider fighting them, just how he rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          Mayweather will dudck this version of Marquez. He will wait till Pacquaio and marquez beat on each other some more before he even consider fighting them, just how he rolls.
          Muscles win fights? I believe JMM landed only 16% of his punches vs Mayweather, Mayweather out landed him by over 100 punches. What strategy do you believe that JMM would implement this time around to even win 1 round? I think he possibly be more competitive but one would have to take in account that Mayweather took it real easy on JMM the first time. Do you not think Floyd could walk him down?
          Last edited by Architect; 12-12-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            would you give floyd credit if he fights marquez again?

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
              That Game "Holy Water" goes hard....
              Im playing the album now. The ALi Bomaye track is crazy!! With 2 chainz & Rick ross

Comment

I red k'd you on accident JK

Comment

Marquez should if he wants more money.... don't see what changes in this fight. People acting like Floyd will push the action like Manny

Comment

JMM can push all he wants but Floyd is not gonna take that fight cause he has already showed the world he could out smart JMM, Floyd is JMM nightmare!! Floyds style is not good for JMM, JMM need a fighter that will open up, he should try to fight Bronner! Young, quick tho not close to the ring IQ as floyd he has a similar style but just as fast and stronger then floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X