Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Pacquiao got exposed as an B class fighter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
    Pac merely paid the price for the complacency he's fallen into, ever since the late stages of the margarito fight/mosley fight.

He really shouldn't be fighting with so much on going on in his life outside of boxing. The fire just isn't burning i the ring for him as it once did. He wants it to be, as we saw how strongly he reacted to the knockout trying to bring out the old manny. But it just isn't there, and we saw what happened when he tried too hard hoping to re-ignite it.

Props to marquez, who clearly always is able to bring the best out of himself when facing his eternal rival in the ring. Even if pac was careless, it was Marquez's perfectly landed thunderbolt which ko'd him. He couldn't have timed it or landed it any better. That might be the most brutal and shocking knockout i remember seeing in such a high profile type of fight.

In saying all this, i wouldn't mind a 5th installment, i could watch these two legends fight each other every week
    Very well said, except I think Manny really trained his ass off for this fight. He went in with the goal of KO'ing JMM. That was good and bad. Good, while he was winning, and almost stopped JMM. Bad, when he foolishly stepped into that punch when the round was damn near over, and got caught.

I totally agree. I can watch these 2 warriors fight, over and over again.

Also, when's the last time, the whole stadium was up and roaring during the whole fight???

Rios/Alvarado.
    Pac/Marquez 4

2 of the greatest fights of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      he wasn't trying to steal the round, it was a dominant round for him. Why do you always do that crap?
      Manny said that he was going to knock Marquez out and was trying to do it all night.

Marquez knew that jab, jab straight left was coming and he timed it perfectly.

That was no lucky shot.

You can easily see Marquez backing up to set a trap and Manny hopped in, threw a lazy backhand jab, and Marquez slipped it and caught Manny right on the button.

I know my boxing. I don't have to backtrack.

Pacquiao's one dimension got roasted tonight and the lot of you are left starting 3rd world think tanks all over the world trying to come up with excuses.

Its really just that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        Manny said that he was going to knock Marquez out and was trying to do it all night.

That was no lucky shot.

You can easily see Marquez backing up to set a trap and Manny hopped in, threw a lazy backhand jab, and Marquez slipped it and caught Manny right on the button.

Pacquiao's one dimension got roasted tonight and the lot of you are left starting 3rd world think tanks all over the world trying to come up with excuses.

You act like it was something Manny had absolutely no control over. Yes, he hopped in and got caught, but honestly Pac had no business doing that. He was just extra reckless that night. It was good and bad for him. I'm sure he'd love to take that 1 mistake back.

You act like he got beat up from pillar to post. Just stop with the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
          You act like it was something Manny had absolutely no control over. Yes, he hopped in and got caught, but honestly Pac had no business doing that. He was just extra reckless that night. It was good and bad for him. I'm sure he'd love to take that 1 mistake back.

here YOU NEED THIS

Comment

Pacquiao just got ko`ed by a near 40 year old fighter who moved up a weight class.2 fights before that Pacquiao got beat by a 38 year old Marquez who moved up 2 weight classes to fight Pacquiao but Marquez got robbed in that fight.

Marquez arguably beat Pac 4 times.Pac ducked dangerous fighters in favor of fighters he new he could beat and thought he could beat and weight drained the fighters he thought he coud`nt beat.Pac kept on giving Marquez rematches after he thought Marquez was too old to beat him but Pac was wrong everytime.

Pacquiao can only beat stupid come forward fighters clearly.And he only can beat skilled fighters if he weight drains them.The cherry pickers every now and then miscalculate and run into someone that exposes them and in this case for Pacquiao it was Marquez.

Comment

That was no lucky shot.

Again he wasn't trying to steal the round, why would you make a paragraph about it? The "3rd world" cheap shots are really bad form BTW, but there's worse on NSB.

Comment

If Manny is a B class fighter then I struggle to think of what a fighter has to do to be A class.

I think Manny is a bit like RJJjr. in that he relies too much on his athleticism and never really trained as a boxing technician. When his athleticism fails he gets caught with punches he wouldn't have got caught with years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post

Why dont you fanboys stop with all these raggedy ass excuses , your hero is a WW fake and got caught by the perfect punch and its lights out , it happens in boxing everyday of the week somewhere , so enough of your sour grapes looking for fox holes to jump in , MANNY GOT CAUGHT , your lucky it wasnt Floyd because he would have got punished and then stopped ,

Mannys run was coming to an end as soon as the CWs stopped , it was right before your eyes for you all to see , Mosley he got a cramp , JMM he robbed , Bradley said he dont punch hard and got the fight , and now JMM pole axes him , but you idiots didnt wanna look at all that , because you conned yourselves into thinking superman when he wasnt superman at all , take the CWs away and he struggles and thats a fact , you all bullshted yourselves now live with the reality of the truth .
                  Last edited by Reloaded; 12-09-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Riiiight ... Manny's foot knocked him out and Marquez' fist was there to catch him?

Gotcha, slick.
                    Those kind of KOs: If Manny sees Marquez's punch, his body may have had enough time to adjust just enough so that he would not be in as bad a shape as he was. He stumbled and therefore his body was already reacting to one event thus not being ready for what was to come a split second later.

Perhaps Manny would have seen the punch coming if not for that event.

I can't say for sure what would have happened but I'm sure that it didn't help. Any event that happens prior to the KO is important to take note of as it can change the outcome of what's to follow.

and I see that you avoided the part about Manny had done just fine until that KO ...... which was counter to your point that Manny can't fight them movers and boxers.

I'm just saying, stop using your hate specks ..... I had Manny winning until that point, and he even had the 6th round in the bag until that final second ....... you?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Again he wasn't trying to steal the round, why would you make a paragraph about it? The "3rd world" cheap shots are really bad form BTW, but there's worse on NSB.
                      What the hell are you quacking about?

Where are you reading this? Are you on acid and hallucinating?

Where did you read "steal the round" above?

As far as cheap shots go, you know damn well that pacterds brought it to a new level.

Like I've written earlier, let them learn to love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X