Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter you hated, that eventually became one of your favorites?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Ever had a fighter you didn't realy like or always rooted against, then have performance that made you stop and reevaluate them? I never hated Floyd Mayweather, but never rooted for him to win any fight. Then going up against Cotto at 154, apparently with a cold and a hurt hand, according to Dan Rafael.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ont-stop-floyd

I though when Cotto gave him hell in the 8th, that Mayweather start to bounce away and potshot Cotto the rest of the night to avoid damage. He came right back at Cotto and rocked him in the 12th. I'm not a huge Money Man fan now, but I respect him and would root him to beat most fighters now.
    Benard Hopkins!!! I did not like him until I saw how easy he beat down Trinidad!!!

Comment

paulie malignaggi after the juan diaz fight

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
        What about Pacquiao? He TKO'd Cotto, something Mayweather couldn't accomplish going up against damaged goods.
        I've never disliked Pacquiao. And the result doesn't matter to me, Mayweather didn't fight him at a CW if you want to play that game, which isn't what this thread is about.

Comment

Froch use to talk more than Vanes. I hated him, now I love him.

Comment

not a huge fan of froch style but he definitely earned my respect over the years. a true warrior

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              andre ward. i hated his holding spoiling style then eventually he learned how to properly be defensive without holding & spoiling so much. the carl froch fight showed that.
              This right here, I didnt really respect Ward for his fighting, he has/had a nasty style that way more of a b Hop get away and do what you can. But in the froch fight I sat back and was like

Comment

In the early 1960s Ali as Cassius Clay was a tuff pill to take!! I don't remember anyone liking him when he first appeared on the scene. No one thought he could get to a title shot!
                Another one I didn't care for was Jimmy Young, I don't like a fighter who jusy boxes on the defense and rarely looks to control other than defense. I appreciate the timing skills it takes to accomplish this but he wasn't an edge of the seat fighter plus he was light handed.
                Any fighter who disrespects his opponent! Why fight the guy if you have no respect for him, the win doesn't mean anything. I guess its the $$$$! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  In the early 1960s Ali as Cassius Clay was a tuff pill to take!! I don't remember anyone liking him when he first appeared on the scene. No one thought he could get to a title shot!
                  Another one I didn't care for was Jimmy Young, I don't like a fighter who jusy boxes on the defense and rarely looks to control other than defense. I appreciate the timing skills it takes to accomplish this but he wasn't an edge of the seat fighter plus he was light handed.
                  Any fighter who disrespects his opponent! Why fight the guy if you have no respect for him, the win doesn't mean anything. I guess its the $$$$! Ray
                  serious question.do you still own a black and white tv.......Larry

Comment

Abrahammer and Jean Pascal.

Comment

Holyfield.

Comment

Working...
                      X