No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Molina Rips Canelo-Lopez Bout, Discusses Frias

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Cuz he was still injured. At least tell the whole story lol. GB could've waited a month for Kirkland to heal fully, but instead they decided to go head-to-head with TR and put him in there with a WW.
    Kirkland wouldnt have been ready for Canelo a month later. His trainer still thinks he's not ready for Canelo, according to her she wants Kirkland to test out the shoulder in a tune-up before getting a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Kirkland wouldnt have been ready for Canelo a month later. His trainer still thinks he's not ready for Canelo, according to her she wants Kirkland to test out the shoulder in a tune-up before getting a title shot.

Tough to second guess Wolfe and we all know she is definitely out to protect the Mandingo warrior and not ducking! It ain't in her DNA!

On a side note, its' one thing for internet warriors to bash Canelo but by his peers is another. Thoughts to ponder but the post calling for other fighters to critcize is legit. JCC Jr doing it seems like envy but if other follow suits with Molina then maybe then Canelo would be forced to silence or valid all of his critics!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
        Canelo is viewed as a superstar and his talent certainly warrants it but he needs a resume to back up his lofty status. Props to Molina for calling him out on his opponent selection. Here's a guy who could make a valid argument that he beat Kirk, Lara, Mike Alvarado and Jcc Jr twice. Whether he beat those guys or not, he at least fights the tough outs. It's kind of odd that GBP is matching all their contenders at 154 against each other while Canelo has been getting a pass for the last 2 years.
        Agreed 100%

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          Yeah...The winner was kirkland,And kirkland turned down a million
          dollar payday to fight canelo.So they moved on.
          And Lara's ppl told GBP that they will take 400K and they could keep the other 600K, in other words Lara was willing to fight Ginger for less than half of the money, they ignore him... At the time Lara was the higher ranked 154, but WBC-Sulaiman elevated Cotto (coming from a loss) to #1 and Kirkland (on the shell with an injury) #2 and Lara from #1 to #3 without losing a fight.

Comment

I think Canelo shouldn't be fighting a 140 pounder, and instead fight someone else in his division. He already tried to fight everyone that he could, but problems came out of no where. Pwill with the accident, Kirkland with money and shoulder issues.

He isn't really ducking people, I mean he did fight Mosley and Cintron. Both guys I know are not what they were before, but you wouldn't know what could had happened in those fights. Mosely could've turned back the clock like he did with Margarito, and Cintron could've been the Cintron of old instead of being bipolar. And not wanting to fight. He still had his power because you can't lose power.

But you have to blame his promoters and management if it's going to come down to decisions. Btw...I'm not a fan or a fan of Canelo. Just neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by StarRican View Post
              I think Canelo shouldn't be fighting a 140 pounder, and instead fight someone else in his division. He already tried to fight everyone that he could, but problems came out of no where. Pwill with the accident, Kirkland with money and shoulder issues.

He isn't really ducking people, I mean he did fight Mosley and Cintron. Both guys I know are not what they were before, but you wouldn't know what could had happened in those fights. Mosely could've turned back the clock like he did with Margarito, and Cintron could've been the Cintron of old instead of being bipolar. And not wanting to fight. He still had his power because you can't lose power.

But you have to blame his promoters and management if it's going to come down to decisions. Btw...I'm not a fan or a fan of Canelo. Just neutral.
              Too many fans use the "coulda should woulda" mentality to justify this kind of match-making. I'm hoping that Lopez could keep the upsets rolling and makes Canelo look like *****, but what will most likely happen is that the extra weight will be to his detriment and he won't be able to overcome it. I know what I WANT to happen, but I'm aware of the more probable outcome. They are called upsets for a reason. I know damn well that this fight shouldn't be happening, and it makes me dislike GB a little more.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 08-09-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                no sir..Hes black.
                And the racist nationalist continues on assuming I see.

Comment

I'm not big on this guy but he does fight anybody and everybody. He's akward in the ring and isn't the most entertaining fighter in the world but he is a legit top ten guy and deserves a bigger fight then he's getting.

Comment

Canelo should have atleast fought K9. That would have been acceptable but Josesito didn't really belong at WW much less 154. He has no shot even if he lands his shots Canelo will just absorb them. Its gonna be a rough night for Sito. Canelo is but his progression is beginning to pale in comparison to Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
                      Canelo is viewed as a superstar and his talent certainly warrants it but he needs a resume to back up his lofty status. Props to Molina for calling him out on his opponent selection. Here's a guy who could make a valid argument that he beat Kirk, Lara, Mike Alvarado and Jcc Jr twice. Whether he beat those guys or not, he at least fights the tough outs. It's kind of odd that GBP is matching all their contenders at 154 against each other while Canelo has been getting a pass for the last 2 years.
                      it's embarrassing to the sport. i don't understand how these fanboys can still crowd around and defend alvarez after defending his belt against undermatched opponents and then goes even further in taking a fight with josesito lopez. i was a fan of his first, but he's a joke now. until he fights someone like rosado, trout, lara, or martirosyan, i won't be paying attention to this guy's fights. i hope he gets ktfo by someone soon if he doesn't step up, but seeing as gbp is avoiding possibilities like that, we won't see that happening.
                      as for molina, he's a cool ass dude. i met him at the fnf card they had here in chicago (fonfara/johnson). he told me he was trying to get the fight with golovkin but obviously that didn't happen. it's crazy how this guy is willing to fight anyone, lara included, yet they're avoided by the top fighters and promoters cause they're not marketable. boxing's in a sad state. at this point i just look forward to seeing guys like lara and molina fight whoever/whenever cause it's obvious they aren't getting the big paydays/title shots they deserve.
                      Last edited by chiguy91; 08-10-2012, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X