No announcement yet.

Vitaly and steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    This is a deliberate attempt to smear a first class champion, and you should not be allowed to make these scurrilous rhreads-(just ny opiion). Klitschko has never been either suspected or cought using steroids as a professional which is a long time now. His sole recorded connection, with steroids, as far as I or anyone else knows, was when he was prescribed a cortisone derived cream to heal an ailing knee injury. This was when he was an amateur, before the Olymics from which he was exclided because of the unwitting use. The doctor should have known better. This was the year that Wladimir moved up to superheavy, to take his brother's place, and probably the lightest in the cometiton, won the Gold.

So to concluse, this is a dirt seeking conspiracy crazy looney, looking to drag a fine sportsman's name in the mud just for sick gratifiaction.

I have no reason to "smear" Vitaly, he a classy guy and and obvious hard worker. I also never said he was using anything, just asked if the possibility is there. I believe it is and so do the majority of others.

Thanks for bumping the thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Is it possible Vitaly could be on steroids given his history, knowledge of sports medicine and resurgence and dominance at such a late age?

This is a serious thread so please no trolling. I'm of the belief it is also a very real possibility Hopkins may also be on performance enhancers.

Vote and discuss.
      Sounds like trolling to me.........First of all, Klischko is not resurging, you are badly in error, and not very well up in boxing to make such a foolish statement. He is doing exactly what he always has been doing, neither more, not less. He is always the same. He is extremely accurate in his punching and throws a wide variety of often unorthodox punches from those waving around arms in seemingly aimless fashion, but there is much purpose in his method. He rains hard, very fit, lovely unnoticed footwork, much underrated defence, hardly ever hit, terrific chin and DETERMINED TO WIN BIG..........and DOES.

What more could anyone want in a fighter????? Still sounds like trolling to me. Whatever trolling is?????

Comment

• Germany has pretty intense testing, from what i heard... so i highly doubt they juice, vitali and wlad that is

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
          Germany has pretty intense testing, from what i heard... so i highly doubt they juice, vitali and wlad that is
          i don't highly doubt anything.........riods are much more prevalent then anyone would like to believe (especially in boxing)

Comment

• There is not enough evidence to accuse Klitchko of taking steroids. These accusations are irresponsible.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              He dosnt strike me as the type but hey he has been CAUGHT before so its very possible. He isnt the most explosive guy and that is what I think of when thinking of PEDS in boxing but perhaps he uses them to help his ageing body recover from training.... I dont know im not a PED expert

I will say i think its very likely that PEDS are RIFE in this sport at the top level
              He was not "caught".he freely reported it when he was asked, as all Olympic intendees are asked. He was not aware it was banned, it was a dr'sprescription to rub on a naggin knee injury. AND......it happed BEFORE he became a professional boxer. It cost him the Super-Heavy Olympics.. As we know Wladimir was moved up from the 299lb class and won . If he had nor been dropped it would have a great achievement for the 200 lb and Superheavyweight brothers to both win Golds. Like the Spinks brothers, but much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                He was not "caught".he freely reported it when he was asked, as all Olympic intendees are asked. He was not aware it was banned, it was a dr'sprescription to rub on a naggin knee injury. AND......it happed BEFORE he became a professional boxer. It cost him the Super-Heavy Olympics.. As we know Wladimir was moved up from the 299lb class and won . If he had nor been dropped it would have a great achievement for the 200 lb and Superheavyweight brothers to both win Golds. Like the Spinks brothers, but much better.
                So far, there is NOT enough evidence to claim Klitchko is taking steroids. People should be more responsible.

Comment

I have no reason to "smear" Vitaly, he a classy guy and and obvious hard worker. I also never said he was using anything, just asked if the possibility is there. I believe it is and so do the majority of others.

Thanks for bumping the thread!
                  My objection is that you pose your "question" in such a way that you're not asking "is it possible"..... but you are strongly hinting that it IS possible, and particularly when you couple his name with a drek like Hopkins who has long been strongly suspected to be on Steroids, I mean really strong suspicions. The way Holyfield is suspected. You know about the Evan Fields who was living at Holyfield's address and phone number, and was found to have been a steroids purchaser.

I really don't know why you should ever have brought such a thing up connected with the Klitschko's. They both volunteered, when asked, during one of the Haye "negotoiations", that they would willingly undergo special random testingif asked for.

Comment

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                    i don't highly doubt anything.........riods are much more prevalent then anyone would like to believe (especially in boxing)
                    Hey, I'm still waiting for a source for your claim that Vitali said he would never take a blood test, or did you just make that up?

Comment

How has his body broken down, rehealed itself and not broken down again in spite of his age? I'm not saying he IS using, but is there really no possibility given the circumstances of his age and past history of using steroids in the past?
                      His body never "broke down".He had a misdiagnosed "thigh muscle tear" which turned out, by CAT scan, to be a spiny spur pressing on a sciatic branch going to his thigh. Needed spinal surgery. Was not an injury but a body function. This caused 2 postponements. Then Rahman and King were broadcasting that Klitschko was afraid and ducking. The got WBC to authorise an interim bout with his closest friend, Monte Barrett. This fight was the worst in living memory, forgotten by all. In the meantime Klitschko was ready to fight end of September. Barrett fight was mid August, Klitschko protestet. King and Rahman swore they'd be ready to fight end September as scheduled. They weren't. Fight eventually fixed for November.

9 days before fight Klitschko got his forward leg tangled with his sparring partner, they fell heavily, heard loud snap, Klitschko's ACL was broken clean across over an inch thick ligament The most important in the body for balance.THIS was the ONLY injury in the whole episode. He tried all kinds of stabilisers, none worked. It was going to take a year to heal, and then not guaranteed. So as to avoid holding up the title, he retired. Well........he came back, you know the rest.

Pass this along whenever you hear about Klitschko's "long history" of body breaking down. Unless you want to include the very normal event of when he tore his rotator cuff against Chris Byrd many years ago............

Comment

Working...
                      X