Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ortiz has to fight pissed off to perform like he did against Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ortiz has to fight pissed off to perform like he did against Berto?

My take is that Ortiz just is a friendly dude, and it takes away from his fighting... Now in the other hand if he is pissed off like with Berto its another story..

What you guys think?

He fought the same way against maidana

Comment

Yes, he needs to very determined to pt on another performance like that

Comment

Victor is a diffrent beast when he is the underdog I called this "upset" when everybody else was asking for a Berto vs Cintron instead

the thing about Ortiz is he fights down to the level of competition if they hang around past the 4th round. if it is the favorite in the fight then he is ok with winning a decision if he can't get the early KO and losses that killer instinct he had at the start of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Victor is a diffrent beast when he is the underdog I called this "upset" when everybody else was asking for a Berto vs Cintron instead

the thing about Ortiz is he fights down to the level of competition if they hang around past the 4th round. if it is the favorite in the fight then he is ok with winning a decision if he can't get the early KO and losses that killer instinct he had at the start of the fight
          I agree...

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            He fought the same way against maidana
            Yeah and he was gun shy after that, but not with Berto...

Comment

I think the key is the homeless beard he was trying and failing to grow.

It suited him, he looked desperate and crazy. And he fought like a wild man possessed.

Better than how he was being prepped to be the next DLH prior to the Maidana fight.

Comment

Originally posted by he3r0 View Post
                I think the key is the homeless beard he was trying and failing to grow.

It suited him, he looked desperate and crazy. And he fought like a wild man possessed.

Better than how he was being prepped to be the next DLH prior to the Maidana fight.
                To me he didnt look desperate he had a tight defense, and worked inside very well....

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
                  To me he didnt look desperate he had a tight defense, and worked inside very well....
                  Visually I meant, not how he fought.

How he looked was different from the clean-cut, pretty boy, DLH-type that they were trying to make him out to be a few years back.

If Berto came in that ring thinking of seeing that old clean-cut Ortiz who quit on Maidana. Then he might have been surprised or a little intimidated with the version of Ortiz that he saw in the ring before the bell rung.

An Ortiz who looked as though he trained isolated in the wild by himself and was now ready to knock Berto's block off.

Which he almost succeeded in doing.

Comment

Berto struggles with lefties.

Comment

Working...
                    X