No announcement yet.

NWO: Paul Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Paul Williams

We all know Paul's deal; wants to fight anybody/everybody at 147-160. Still on that "most feared" thing, make of that what you will. Decent chin, crazy volume, great stamina, decent boxing skills. Avenged his lone loss violently. Has some names on his resume:

Mitchell (147)
    Margarito (147)
    Quintana (147)
    Phillips (154)
    Wright (160)
    Martinez (160)
    *Cintron (154)

I think at his best, he can beat everybody in his desired weight classes if he got the chance. I just don't see him going back to 147 and being strong by now. He's still screaming for Pac or Floyd, and I don't think he'll ever get either. His best bet is going after belts at MW or JMW imo.

Are you a Williams fan?
    Who do you want him to fight next?
    Who all can he beat?
    How do you rate his resume and ability?
    Will he go far in boxing, or will he falter?

What's NWO members' take on this guy?

I like Paul, he makes for entertaining fights.

Too bad things went the way they did with him Saturday, its not really his fault but him not getting that MW title shot is.

He got too greedy and isn't the big star he thinks he is to command a 50/50 split with Pavlik and as a result ended up watching a guy he got a close decision over win the MW title.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
      I think at his best, he can beat everybody in his desired weight classes if he got the chance.I agree I just don't see him going back to 147 and being strong by nowHe weighed in at 152 for the Cintron fight, if he says he can, why not beilieve him? Everyone thinks he can't make it but he has never proved otherwise. He's still screaming for Pac or Floyd, and I don't think he'll ever get eitherAgreed. His best bet is going after belts at MW or JMW imo. Agreed

Are you a Williams fan? Huge Williams fan, love his style and willingness to fight
      Who do you want him to fight next?Cintron, Angulo, Williams, Sturm, Foreman if he wins, Dzidurek if he looks good in his next fight
      Who all can he beat?All of the above, I really want him to fight sergio, even money fight
      How do you rate his resume and ability?Excellent for who he's been able to get in the ring with, needs to get his hands back faster. Arms are too long to box and work inside, needs to keep up his volume punching style
      Will he go far in boxing, or will he falter?He has to win because Goosen has done a horrible job of promoting him. He's a fan friendly fighter who has no fanbase. Terrible.

please see my answers in the bold.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
        We all know Paul's deal; wants to fight anybody/everybody at 147-160. Still on that "most feared" thing, make of that what you will. Decent chin, crazy volume, great stamina, decent boxing skills. Avenged his lone loss violently. Has some names on his resume:

Mitchell (147)
        Margarito (147)
        Quintana (147)
        Phillips (154)
        Wright (160)
        Martinez (160)
        *Cintron (154)

I think at his best, he can beat everybody in his desired weight classes if he got the chance. I just don't see him going back to 147 and being strong by now. He's still screaming for Pac or Floyd, and I don't think he'll ever get either. His best bet is going after belts at MW or JMW imo.

Are you a Williams fan?
        Who all can he beat?

No reason not to like Williams. He's always fun to watch and he's hungry to fight the best.

I want to see that damn Martinez rematch next. Pavlik's out of the picture and Cintron doesn't want it, so lets see that rematch.

I pick Paul over everybody except Martinez 147-160.

Paul's resume is pretty good. He's beaten all the names he's faced decisively, sans Martinez. And the Winky and Phillips he beat might have been old, but were still game. The Quintana loss is excusable and he avenged it.

Paul's a volume puncher, nothing more. I don't rate him highly as far as technical skills. He's not bad technically, but he's not that good either. He does his business by throwing a ton of punches, and that works just fine.

If Paul goes to 154, he can get hot. Lots of good fights there that can elevate him to higher status. He isn't getting the big stars, so the best he can do is just win exciting fights vs good fighters. I think Williams will be a star for a while.

Comment

I don't think he's the "most feared" fighter anymore after barely taking the Martinez fight, and after Cintron rocked him. I agree he has at least the potential to beat anybody from 147-160. He could probably even beat guys at Super Middleweight. But I think he gets too reckless sometimes. Like said above he also needs to bring his hands back faster because that will be his downfall as you saw Cintron light him up with that huge right before the fall.

Are you a Williams fan? I wouldn't say I'm a big fan(probably because of burner) but I definitely enjoy watching him fight and like his talent. Love his potential.

Who do you want him to fight next? Martinez rematch, Pavlik finally, Angulo, Cintron, Margarito, or Cotto all suit me. Plenty of fights to build an amazing legacy on if he fought the majority of them.

Who all can he beat? Anybody as long as he doesn't get too reckless. He has an amazing amount of potential.

How do you rate his resume and ability? I give his pure skills a high B or a low A. But with his height & reach I think it takes him to a whole new level. His resume so far is great for how many fights and how old he is. When he's done, he has the possibility of having an incredibly sick resume if he put down guys like Martinez again, Pavlik, and maybe Cotto. Wouldn't mind a try at Floyd either.

Will he go far in boxing, or will he falter? Depends. If he gets reckless with a guy like Cintron like he did, he'll get rocked like he did, and/or fall slip and trip him out of the ring again hahaha but yeah if he gets reckless with a heavy hitter, he's been seen rocked but we might see him get put out. As long as he stays in control this guy could be an all time great just because of all the great possible fights out there. Can't wait til he fights Kirkland!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            please see my answers in the bold.
            who is that fine ass girl in your picture?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneBum View Post
              who is that fine ass girl in your picture?
              elke the satallion

Comment

Are you a Williams fan?

Not really. I don't dislike him, but when I wasn't able to see his last fight live I wasn't too put out and wouldn't have minded if he'd lost.

Martinez should be his priority. Dzinziruk should be plan B. He won't get the top welterweights.

Who all can he beat?

I think he'd have real problems with Floyd, Pac, Dzinziruk, Martinez, Pavlik, Cintron and possibly Foreman. I think about half or more of those names beat him. He'd probably beat the rest from 147-160.

Pretty good. Not one of the very best in the world based upon ability, but a resume that's top 10. He was fortunate to win both of his last two fights and I don't regard Quintana as all that great. Cotto and Berto both had far less problems with him than Williams did, and the FRKO in the rematch doesn't erase that bad performance and the obvious flaws it exposed.

I think he'll falter sooner rather than later.

Comment

Are you a Williams fan?
                  Who all can he beat?
                  I am a fan.
                  i think he can beat anyone but Pac & maybe Marg as welter right now.

Resume could be better/ ability he need to stop fighting down to level. He seems the type who will not train and get beat by some no name but has the skills to beat the best when motivated.

It's all up to him, see above^^
                  .................................................. ..............
                  I don't understand the hate for this guy.
                  He's a skilled boxer ok power fights the fights we want to see as far as what he can get at this point and is not afraid to take risk.

Sooooooooo what's the problem?

Comment

I am a new member here. But pls visit our homepage URL through my Signature and URL Link....

Comment

Working...
                    X